It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 am

MPH? 
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post MPH?
I'm getting in gear to cast for a text based Desolation game, and I was looking for a resource that lays out the MPH creation method.

I could have sworn it was on the site at one point...but I can't find it. Cuz I remember reading it and really liking it. :D

Am I mistaken? If just the character generation is available in pdf as a free resource, I'd love a link.

Thanks guys!

ps. It actually looks like there will be two text games soon, for Desolation. I think Imajica went and got the bug too.

I plan on posting the closed chapters on the Desolation Boards for anyone that's interested in reading along.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: MPH?
Chairman wrote:
I'm getting in gear to cast for a text based Desolation game, and I was looking for a resource that lays out the MPH creation method.

I could have sworn it was on the site at one point...but I can't find it. Cuz I remember reading it and really liking it. :D

Am I mistaken? If just the character generation is available in pdf as a free resource, I'd love a link.

Thanks guys!

I thought the book did a pretty good job of it per se, but it has been a while since I've read that section.

Hmm, that could be a neat project to tackle next: a MPH checklist with tips and suggestions.

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:37 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Nestor wrote:
Chairman wrote:

Thanks guys!

I thought the book did a pretty good job of it per se,

Oh, it does for sure!

My issue is, until people actually get INTO the game, they're likely not going to want to fork out the dough for the book. So, I would like to make the submission process as painless as possible. I might just go with Night of Fire fiction pieces, to cast. ...but if I require a character sheet, I wanted to make sure that whatever resource I used was sactioned.

I just thought I'd read a great description before in the early days on the site, but maybe it was an online review.

It would be a great project, but only of course, if it was something that was okay with the Desolation crew to create. :D

(Gawd I love Nestor's enthusiasm!)

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Scavenger
Scavenger

What can I say? I like to contribute in ways that I can.

My Cheat Sheet has the list of questions from the MPH section in the core book. That at last can be a starting point for you.

But I see your point. Listing the info from the book on a public site is something you'd want cleared with the guys beforehand.

The big thing is providing the players with a strong enough background on the world for them to be able to come up with decent backstories for their characters.

Maybe you (or I) could put a basic gazetteer providing a sort of ten-cent tour of the world of Scondera, enough to get their creative juices flowing, then you could do a one-on-one with each player to flesh out the details.

Hmm, indeed it is a challenge...

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Nestor wrote:
What can I say? I like to contribute in ways that I can.

My Cheat Sheet has the list of questions from the MPH section in the core book. That at last can be a starting point for you.

Indeed.

Quote:

But I see your point. Listing the info from the book on a public site is something you'd want cleared with the guys beforehand.

Exactly.

Quote:

The big thing is providing the players with a strong enough background on the world for them to be able to come up with decent backstories for their characters.

Maybe you (or I) could put a basic gazetteer providing a sort of ten-cent tour of the world of Scondera, enough to get their creative juices flowing, then you could do a one-on-one with each player to flesh out the details.

Hmm, indeed it is a challenge...

Well, I kind of need to educate myself on Scondera, too. *ducks* BUT, I did look at ALL the pictures. :)

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 pm
Profile YIM
Scavenger
Scavenger

Chairman wrote:
Well, I kind of need to educate myself on Scondera, too. *ducks* BUT, I did look at ALL the pictures. :)

Oh, I see, GM'ing on the fly. 8)

Hey, if you fly by the seat of your pants, would that be considered a bum steer? :mrgreen:

*runs and hides*

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 pm
Site Admin

We might have had an article on MPH on the old GreymalkinDesigns website... I'll check.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Matt wrote:
We might have had an article on MPH on the old GreymalkinDesigns website... I'll check.

Thanks Babe! You rock.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 pm
Profile YIM
Scavenger
Scavenger

Matt wrote:

Ooh! If you do, would it be all right to re-post it here? I'm sure C isn't the only one who'd benefit from it. :D

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:16 am
Site Admin

I found it and posted it to the new site:

http://www.desolationrpg.com/mph.htm

It's more of an essay on why MPH is important than a step-by-step guide, but it might be useful.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Jamie wrote:

It's more of an essay on why MPH is important than a step-by-step guide, but it might be useful.

Good article. Definitely a usable resource for new players to link to.

Thanks! :D

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Jamie wrote:

Thank you! ...and the best part is that it proves I'm still sane. :D

Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 am
Profile YIM