It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

Inspirational and Useful Pics Thread 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Inspirational and Useful Pics Thread
Yeah, I know, you knew I'd do this. :wink:

By Zsolt Varga

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Inspirational and Useful Pics Thread
By Peter Tikos

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Woo hoo! And the Albion Albino Ape strikes again! :D

Serendipitiously, I was just thinking of a mounted archer as my first foray into creating a Desolation character. Now I have a perfect image to base my design on. Thanks! :)

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:22 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Colin,

I knew you would start posting this sort of stuff up at some point, and I'm so glad it's sooner than later, mate! :) Lovely stuff, this. Keep it coming! :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Site Admin

Hello, Colin :)

The big bronze bull picture is a great example of a Broken Bull (John - remind you of anyone? Gus?) or perhaps even a Weave Touched creature, especially if it's skin had actually been magically transformed.

Nicely done.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:35 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Stephen wrote:
Hello, Colin :)

The big bronze bull picture is a great example of a Broken Bull (John - remind you of anyone? Gus?) or perhaps even a Weave Touched creature, especially if it's skin had actually been magically transformed.

Nicely done.

Heh. My immediate thought upon seeing that picture was "Behold! The Magnificent One!" :D

That is one run I will never forget. "You must perform... The Cow Dance!" :shock:

:lol:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:10 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Thanks for the kind words, chaps. I personally love the second Orc-like pic; mehtinks he'd be a good fit for a Mongrel primal shaman type, with an introspective nature.

By Ilich Henriquez:

By Tang Sin Yun:

By Francis Tsai:

Last edited by ColinChapman on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:38 pm
Site Admin

I have to say - I'm really proud of that scenario. As the writer, I wish I'd had a chance to run it at Gen Con. But from what I've heard, both John K, John N and Matt ran the games REALLY well, and everyone had a great time. (John N is a writer for White Wolf, by the way!)

The cow dance stuff though? That was all the GM's idea :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:40 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:

Goddess, yes! :) I saw that image and immediately thought of Gus - and then thought that the image gave me an idea for something Weave Touched as well. Jotted a note to myself for when I'm a bit more...lucid. :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:16 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:
I have to say - I'm really proud of that scenario. As the writer, I wish I'd had a chance to run it at Gen Con. But from what I've heard, both John K, John N and Matt ran the games REALLY well, and everyone had a great time. (John N is a writer for White Wolf, by the way!)

That scenario was absolutely magnificent, and the expressions of the player characters as they realized the scope of what they were dealing with in the Magnificent One was just...pure GM bliss! There were so many ways to go with the scenario at that point, too...and the characters looked at one another and one of them said, "Just a simple job, remember? Riiiiiight..." It was a moment of sheer gaming "This is what it's all about for me!" kind of thing. Good scenario, Stephen! :)

Btw, is John N. specifically John Nephew? :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:21 pm
Site Admin

Actually, it's John Newman - his wife, Yvii, was dressed up as Rover dancer for us on Thursday and Saturday, while John has written on quite a few White Wolf books, and was actually signing at the White Wolf booth on Saturday when he wasn't running games for Greymalkin Designs :)

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:25 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

By ariokh aka Cannibalcandy aka Izzy:

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:40 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:
Actually, it's John Newman - his wife, Yvii, was dressed up as Rover dancer for us on Thursday and Saturday, while John has written on quite a few White Wolf books, and was actually signing at the White Wolf booth on Saturday when he wasn't running games for Greymalkin Designs :)

Hey, as long as it's another John, I don't mind! :)

I had wondered who the Rover dancer was, as Jamie mentioned this to me during the convention, but I missed her at the booth. He sent me the graphic (saying that it was going up on the forums or the website (can't remember which) at some point soon, so it's good to know about stuff like this.

Did it help the marketing at all? :wink:

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:47 pm
Site Admin

I think it did help - she had her photograph taken many times, and she was handing out flyers about Desolation as she walked around, so I think a few people found us who wouldn't have before. Hopefully we can talk her into helping us again next year - perhaps as a Listener, walking around giving people good luck charms!

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:53 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:
I think it did help - she had her photograph taken many times, and she was handing out flyers about Desolation as she walked around, so I think a few people found us who wouldn't have before. Hopefully we can talk her into helping us again next year - perhaps as a Listener, walking around giving people good luck charms!

Ooh, I like that idea, I like that a lot. :)

Mind you, this year was quite inspiring - and you can only do the Rover trick once, as once people get the hang of it, they'll figure out that you can't trust a Rover, so won't fall for that again! :wink:

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm