It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Favorite Characters 
Site Admin

Post Re: Favorite Characters
Gump was also traveling with another man from his village, a smarter if less moral gentleman who would offer to look after Gump's money for him. Money was complicated, you see. To be honest, this other fellow wouldn't ever have stolen from Gump, but he might have used his money to gamble or speculate on other goods.

"Gump, look! I turned your two shiny coins into four shiny coins!"

or

"Gump, it's the strangest thing. Your two gold coins turned into six copper ones. Now you have more, and they are prettier colors, too!"

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Why don't you post his Character Sheet on here so that we can take a look at him?

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:24 am
Site Admin

I made a last attempt to dig through the playtesting files and must've made a great Scavenge roll, because I found him. Some caveats: This was during playtesting, so everything doesn't match what's in the book, and it was set in the Before.

Heiko of Greendale (didn't think to call him "Gump" until after I played him and the accent came out)
Mongrel Shepherd
Archetype: Laborer
Health: 5
Motivation: Duty

Body: 3 Charisma: 2
Dexterity: 3 Intelligence: 1
Strength: 4 Willpower: 2

Size: 0 Initiative: 4
Move: 7-2=5 Defense: 6+2=8
Perception: 3 Stun: 5

SKILLS
Animal Handling 3 3 6 (3)
Athletics 4 2 6 (3)
Brawl 4 2 6 (3)
Melee 4 2 6 (3)
Survival 1 1 2 (1)
Stealth 3 1 4 (2)

TALENTS
Guardian (+2 Def to allies as attack action)
Combat Aptitude (up to -4 off Def and add to attack)
Brute (+2 to Strength checks)
Thick Hide (+1 to Defense)

FLAWS
Illiterate
Stocky
Anger Management
Inbred
Speech Impediment

WEAPONS
Bow 2L 8L (4L) Good
Shepherd’s Crook 2N 8N (4N) Good
Sling 1N 7N (3+L) Good

ARMOR
Hides 1 -- Good

LANGUAGES
Ascondean

EQUIPMENT
Shawl made by Mama Worn Good
Whistle to call sheep (magical) Pocket Good
Rope 50’ Haversack Good
Wool samples Haversack
Shiny rock Pocket
Rations, 1 week Haversack
Water Water skin
Haversack Worn
Sweet grain for sheep treat Pouch
Arrows (20) Quiver

BACKGROUND
Heiko hales from Greendale, a small village in Cushulain that allows he and his mother to stay in exchange for Heiko herding sheep and his mother making yarn from wool for the village weavers. He never knew his father.
The villagers prefer Heiko to be away from them because they consider him to be ugly and stupid. He is not allowed to stay in town, but sleeps with the sheep on the outskirts of Greendale. Heiko has a short horn jutting at an odd angle from his forehead, stubby legs and a powerful build. He is partially covered with thick patches of black, wiry hair.
The shepherd learned early on that he was not really part of the village. He has been teased his entire life, but learned to defend himself at a young age. Now he prefers the company of his flock to most people. He protects his herd from thieves, wolves and other dangers with his bow, sling and crook. He is strong enough to hold the sheep down while they’re being sheered. He takes great pride in his work.
Heiko is relatively happy taking care of the flock. He wants nothing more than to perform his job well so that the villagers will see that he is useful and continue to allow he and his mother to stay. He is completely devoted to his mother who does her best to protect and advise him.
Heiko is usually friendly with just about anyone, as long as they don’t make fun of his mama or try to hurt him. That would make Heiko very angry.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Oh, you've done it now.

I predict this guy will show up in one way or another in every Desolation game from now on. As befits the concept. :)

Heck, the only reason I'm not furiously updating him to the official rules right now is that I don't happen to have the book next to me this moment. But just you wait 'til I get home... :twisted:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Nestor wrote:
Oh, you've done it now.

I predict this guy will show up in one way or another in every Desolation game from now on. As befits the concept. :)

Heck, the only reason I'm not furiously updating him to the official rules right now is that I don't happen to have the book next to me this moment. But just you wait 'til I get home... :twisted:

ROFL! ha!

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:54 pm
Profile YIM
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
I made a last attempt to dig through the playtesting files and must've made a great Scavenge roll, because I found him. Some caveats: This was during playtesting, so everything doesn't match what's in the book, and it was set in the Before.

That was some great roll at the Scavenge skill, Jamie! Congrats! :)

Heiko of Greendale (didn't think to call him "Gump" until after I played him and the accent came out)
Mongrel Shepherd
Archetype: Laborer
Health: 5
Motivation: Duty
[/quote]

What a great character, Jamie... I definitely plan to use the character for some purpose or other in my campaigns.... :) Will clean his stats up as per the official rules first, though! :)

Thanks for posting the character up, mate! :)

Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:24 am