It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 pm

New to Desolation - starting campaign 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: New to Desolation - starting campaign
Hullo, Jim,

sshagent wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Sounds like that was a good time, and a very interesting scenario and all. The game isn't really a high-magic setting in the After, of course, but all manner of stuff could be done with this style of setting in the Before, especially now that the Journeys supplement is out, which provides a bit more material in that regard. In the After, the game is very much a low-magic setting, especially with how most feel about magic and its use, but there are Communities out there which no doubt can be used for a very magical kind of game, if that's the route one chooses.

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of high magic, so was just letting the players enjoy something they usually dont get to in my campaigns. Then of course the joy of ripping it from them, well more like them discarding their self-zipping breeches :p

I can't say that I'm a fan of high magic and epic fantasy myself these days, as it's been overdone to death and that's the sort of stuff I was running 20+ years ago gaming-wise. However, one of the strengths of Desolation is that one can do the high magic stuff in the Before, and do the very low magic stuff in the After.

sshagent wrote:
JohnK wrote:
LOL!! Ooh, that must have been...delightful! :) I'm having this wonderful image of a naked character, a rain of fire, and...well, you get the idea! :)

Yes, this was particularly fun. He had taken to the high magic availability, and when i said he could claim any item/clothing in his posessions to be magical in any aspect to make his life busy. He took it to extremes. His fleeing the site of the dinner party naked with just his rapier in his hand was very funny. Particularly when he stopped briefly to catch his breath, then remembered his rapier had magical properties and then flung that into the sky.

I assume that the rapier got destroyed in all the glory and Night of Fire style that it deserved? :twisted:

sshagent wrote:
JohnK wrote:
PM on the way

I've been trying to find my game notes but failing to ....so far :/ If i can find it i will dump it as a download for anyones perusal

That would be cool. Hope you do find this material. :)

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm