It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 pm

Gen Con 2012 
Site Admin

Post Gen Con 2012
Gen Con event registration opens at Noon (Eastern) on May 20, 2012.

We hope you'll sign up for some of the games Greymalkin Designs is running this year:

Desolation
Elf Hunt
You've stumbled across a semi-secret annual competition that isn't going to be stopped by a little thing like an apocalypse. Do you enter, try to stop it or join in with the elves?

Bogged Down
You find yourself stuck in a mysterious, fetid swamp. Can you traverse the treacherous quagmire and survive the beasts that lurk within to reveal the secrets of the bog?

Prey for Life
You were trapped deep in dwarven ruins as the world nearly ended and the mountains fell. As you struggle to find your way to the surface, something from the deep is hunting you.

All the King's Men
You're invited to dinner with a self-appointed king, but what's really behind his prosperity during the apocalypse? Will you kneel before him or depose him?

Broken Rooms
King's Road
You are taken on a helter-skelter journey through the Nearside on the heels of a madman. Can you stop him before he reaches his final destination? A world's fate depends on it.

First Fall
Take your first unexpected trip to an alternate reality. You’ll have to travel further than you thought possible. Sometimes, there really is no place like home.

Power Trip
Travel to a world where electricity has stopped working. It's powered by steam, diesel and sweat. Can you navigate a world without cars, computers or compassion?

Dreadful Mission
You know the exact date your world will end. But you're not bound to your world. Infiltrate an alternate Earth and steal the advanced technology your world needs.

Heroes
Travel to a war-ravaged world where an alien invasion has been fought to a stalemate. A nation’s heroes died while on a morale-boosting tour, but you’re going to take their place.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Gen Con 2012
Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
Gen Con event registration opens at Noon (Eastern) on May 20, 2012.

We hope you'll sign up for some of the games Greymalkin Designs is running this year:

I had not planned to go to GenCon this year, but plans change, and I will be attending this year. (Had to scramble a bit to find a hotel, but managed to book into the J.W. Marriott this year.)

I will definitely try to get into some of the games that you folks are running this year at Gencon, as I would really like to play in some Broken Rooms and of course, some Desolation.

Now, if we just had a nice GM Screen for Desolation, that would make running the game so much easier! :)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:03 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Gen Con 2012
I ran two new Desolation scenarios this year. I ran each of them twice.

Elf Hunt - This scenario had the group stumble across a village that was having it's annual elf hunt. Unfortunately, this year, the elves found their magic and fought back. Like all adventures, we like to have some shades of grey and tough decisions. I mean, hunting down other sentient creatures is wrong... even if they're elves, right? So we made the villagers a little more sympathetic by having some of their children kidnapped by the elves and turned into zombie/elemental hosts. I won't spoil the rest of the scenario, but one group ended up being more sympathetic to the plight of the elves, while another ended up just wanting to kill anything with a pointy ear.

Bogged Down - This was probably the most combat heavy scenario I have ever ran at Gen Con. It had undead bog men, giant alligators, monstrous snapping turtles with acidic vomit, and of course... a dragon. I also decided to toss in some broken magic items just to see how they played out. The players seemed to have a good time with it. For example, Gauntlets of Ogre Strength? Seems good until you put them on an suddenly had orangutan arms and dropped in INT and WIL. In the end, they groups managed to free an island of an evil tainted dragon's influence and create a more loving and hospitable swamp for all. Now I just have to learn how to pronounce the word detritus.

I was also scheduled to run Prey for Life, but no one showed up on Sunday morning. It was the only session in 4 days that Greymalking had to cancel.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW