It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 pm

My First Desolation Game 

Post My First Desolation Game
I've lurked for a while before signing up, but I wanted to announce that I'll be running a session 16 July 2011.

My local gaming organization, Raleigh Tabletop Roleplayers, will be hosting an event in Cary, NC.

It's a shared setting event. Every session somehow involves an inn called The Crimson Boar and NPCs provided by the primary organizers of the event. Those of us running sessions can use as little or as much as we like.

The description is your normal D&D/Pathfinder fare. A bustling inn with entertainers, free-flowing food and a potentially magical pool nearby which may also be a portal to other worlds.

As for the physical setting I'm planning on caving in the pools as I'd think no one would trust them, but the monk-brewer who used the water for his beer might still make the trip simply for the water.

The packet we have mentions clearing out an elasmosaur from the pools, but it doesn't really sit well with me even in a more traditional setting. I'm thinking of making this place an unusually successful location in the After, which I'll have to work to make the players feel suspicious about. Maybe have the party deal with some pre-game travel to get to this place or travel there on some outside NPC's suspicion.

The idea is that the town is desperate for skilled individuals and noticed that some people who had started travelling seemed to fit the bill. They keep the inn, which had a good reputation Before, in running order to attract people as part of a slaving racket.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

The event link is Tales of the Crimson Boar.

Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 pm