It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 am

My Desolation Games at GenCon, Indy 2011 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post My Desolation Games at GenCon, Indy 2011
Hullo, folks,

Well, seeing as how the Event Schedule is up on the GenCon Indy 2011 website, and registration for games and events begins on Sunday at 12:00 noon, I thought I would post the events that I'll be running at the convention this year for the Greymalkin folks...

Desolation: Shadow of the Wolf
Game ID: RPG1119896
Game System: Desolation RPG
Time: Thursday, August 4th 2:00 pm
Duration: 4 hours
Number of Players: 6
Description: Venture to the ruined monastery of Halak Darem to confront the tainted beasts that have been terrorizing the nearby village of Green Moon. You’ll need all your courage, wits and even a little magic to avoid becoming their next meal, or worse, becoming one of them. Experience story-driven roleplaying in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world where high fantasy is brought low.

Desolation: Prey for Life
Game ID: RPG1119890
Time: Friday, May 5th 4:00 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Description: When the world nearly ended, you were trapped deep in dwarven ruins as the mountains fell. As you struggle to find your way to the surface through the dark, something from the deep is hunting you, just out of sight but never out of mind. Experience story-driven roleplaying in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world where high fantasy is brought low.

Look forward to seeing some of the folks from the forums at GenCon this year, and hope to see some of you play in these games I'm running! :)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:35 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: My Desolation Games at GenCon, Indy 2011
I'll be running the Friday 1200 slot for Desolation:Prey for Life, so it should be fun to see how the run shapes up.

I've been going through the Event Catalog and posting my choices in the Wish List. Here's hoping I actually get in to some of the runs I selected. :)

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:42 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
I'll be running the Friday 1200 slot for Desolation:Prey for Life, so it should be fun to see how the run shapes up.

Yep, saw that you were running that one. I had considered playing in the game, except for the fact that I'll be running it 2 hours after you finish running the scenario! :)

Nestor wrote:
I've been going through the Event Catalog and posting my choices in the Wish List. Here's hoping I actually get in to some of the runs I selected. :)

Anything that I'm running? (Aside from the Desolation stuff, I'll also be running some Primeval RPG goodness for the folks at Cubicle 7 at GenCon...)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

I tried jumping into one of the Primeval runs, but it's a case of too many games, too little time. ;)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
I tried jumping into one of the Primeval runs, but it's a case of too many games, too little time. ;)

Oh, I'm all too familiar with this myself this year for the convention. :)

Anyway, we'll see what kind of attendance happens for the games once the convention opens Event Registration on Sunday. I just hope I get a few folks for the PRIMEVAL rpg games, as Cubicle 7 isn't doing any hyping of the game at this point at all. In any event, looking forward to seeing you at GenCon, if nothing else, assuming we actually get to connect at some point.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:08 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

JohnK wrote:
Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:

Oh, I'm all too familiar with this myself this year for the convention. :)

Anyway, we'll see what kind of attendance happens for the games once the convention opens Event Registration on Sunday. I just hope I get a few folks for the PRIMEVAL rpg games, as Cubicle 7 isn't doing any hyping of the game at this point at all. In any event, looking forward to seeing you at GenCon, if nothing else, assuming we actually get to connect at some point.

I'm sure we will. I'll be spending some time with Wiggy at the booth helping him pimp AFO so it should be easy to find me. ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:24 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Hullo, Nestor,
In any event, looking forward to seeing you at GenCon, if nothing else, assuming we actually get to connect at some point.

I'm sure we will. I'll be spending some time with Wiggy at the booth helping him pimp AFO so it should be easy to find me. ;)

Ah, okay, that's good to know. :)

Not spending any time working for the good folks at Exile Games this year? Or is there that, too? :)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

JohnK wrote:
Not spending any time working for the good folks at Exile Games this year? Or is there that, too? :)

I'll be doing a run for Jeff & Co. Friday night. This year I'm going for the trifecta; I'm doing a run for each of the Ubiquity systems, HEX, Desolation and AFO. :twisted:

Mon May 02, 2011 3:22 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
JohnK wrote:

I'll be doing a run for Jeff & Co. Friday night. This year I'm going for the trifecta; I'm doing a run for each of the Ubiquity systems, HEX, Desolation and AFO. :twisted:

I was considering running HEX or at least AFO at the convention, but haven't been able to convince my players to play the AFO: RG game. It's the whole time period that several of them don't like, and they have no desire to play Musketeers. :( However, when I heard abou the PRIMEVAL rpg from Cubicle 7, I had to run it, so 'twas easy to decide to run that and the Desolation games for the con (though I'd hoped to run 4-hour games, but Prey for Life is only 2 hours, so...)

Of course, judging by the Events registration process, I just need to fill 11 of the 12 PRIMEVAL rpg slots in the two games I'm running. *sigh*

Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Forgot to mention. After finding a large number of the events in my Wish List sold out before I could get a ticket, I searched through the Event list and signed up for a couple of alternates, including one of the Primeval demos on Saturday at 0800.

So I'll at least get a chance to try it out. I guess I should make an attempt to watch the show so I know what I'm getting into. ;)

Tue May 03, 2011 2:02 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
Forgot to mention. After finding a large number of the events in my Wish List sold out before I could get a ticket, I searched through the Event list and signed up for a couple of alternates, including one of the Primeval demos on Saturday at 0800.

So I'll at least get a chance to try it out. I guess I should make an attempt to watch the show so I know what I'm getting into. ;)

Yeah, you should watch the series to see what it's like. :)

That said, why didn't you sign up for one of me PRIMEVAL games at the con? Oh, right, probably the conflict of the schedule or some such. Ah, well, at least you'll get to play in one of the games. :)

Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

JohnK wrote:

I intend to. ;-)

Quote:
That said, why didn't you sign up for one of me PRIMEVAL games at the con? Oh, right, probably the conflict of the schedule or some such. Ah, well, at least you'll get to play in one of the games. :)

Yup, that's pretty much it. Every open slot for the game conflicts with something else I'm doing. Story of my life. ;)

If for some reason you still have slots open come August (something I consider highly unlikely), I'll make sure to send some folks your way.

But, hey, let's bring this back to Desolation. Anybody out there still looking for a ticket to Scondera? Still some seats left, folks. :D

Tue May 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi,

Figured I'd better post my game.

Desolation: Frontier Justice
Game ID: RPG1120261
Time: Friday, August 5th 2:00 pm
Duration: 4 hours
Description: You and your kind were second-class citizens in the Before, but things have changed. Kobolds, goblins and orcs will no longer tolerate the persecution and bigotry of humans and their ilk. The time for Oruskans to take a stand and fight back is now! Experience story-driven role playing in the post-apocalyptic fantasy world where high fantasy is brought low.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
JohnK wrote:

I intend to. ;-)

Glad to hear it. :) Always good to watch an episode or three of a series that is a new roleplaying game that you're gonna try at a convention! :)

Nestor wrote:
JohnK wrote:

Yup, that's pretty much it. Every open slot for the game conflicts with something else I'm doing. Story of my life. ;)

If for some reason you still have slots open come August (something I consider highly unlikely), I'll make sure to send some folks your way.

Please do. As of right now, I've got 5 open slots in one of the games, and 1 slot open in the other game. Must be the time slots that the convention stuck me with. *sigh*

Nestor wrote:
But, hey, let's bring this back to Desolation. Anybody out there still looking for a ticket to Scondera? Still some seats left, folks. :D

Agreed, back to the talk of Desolation and one of our favourite game worlds - Scondera! :)

I am somewhat surprised there are five seats left for the 8 various Desolation events at GenCon this year. Normally, the stuff for the game fills out so much quicker than that. With some luck, these seats should fill relatively quickly, I hope.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm