It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 am

Are We Ready For GenCon? 
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Are We Ready For GenCon?
So, guys, is there a plan yet for GenCon this year?

I so want to make sure to be there for at least one Desolation game this time (since I keep missing out due to schedule conflicts).

Any hints as to what sessions may show up? Perspiring minds want to know... :)

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:38 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Are We Ready For GenCon?
Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
So, guys, is there a plan yet for GenCon this year?

I so want to make sure to be there for at least one Desolation game this time (since I keep missing out due to schedule conflicts).

Any hints as to what sessions may show up? Perspiring minds want to know... :)

"Perspiring minds", huh? I'm having the image of your brain soaked in sweat, as it drips out of your eyes, ears, etc. :)

Sad to say, I would love to be at Origins and/or GenCon, but the budget for the year is shot to heck because of the flood that I had back in October. So no conventions for me. :(

Looking forward to hearing what the folks at GMD have planned for GenCon, though.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

JohnK wrote:
Hullo, Nestor,

"Perspiring minds", huh? I'm having the image of your brain soaked in sweat, as it drips out of your eyes, ears, etc. :)

Sad to say, I would love to be at Origins and/or GenCon, but the budget for the year is shot to heck because of the flood that I had back in October. So no conventions for me. :(

Looking forward to hearing what the folks at GMD have planned for GenCon, though.

As usual, sir, if there's anything in particular you're interested in acquiring, let me know and I'll add it to my shopping list.

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Site Admin

I meant to reply to this as soon as we sent our events in for Gen Con. Time flies. Apologies for the delay. If you haven't seen the schedule on the Gen Con site, here are the events we'll be running this year:

Title: Desolation: All the King's Men
Description: You managed to survive the Long Winter in a small town. You buried the dead, rebuilt walls, drove off raiders and even instituted a system of trade. And now there's a man at the gate who claims to be noble. He also claims to own the town and demands fealty from everyone in it. His guards are ready to back up those claims.

Title: Hollow Earth Desolation
Description: You've been trapped within the Hollow Earth for almost a year, but you think you’ve finally found a way back home. The only thing standing between you and the surface are some mysterious Atlantean ruins and a few pesky Nazis. What could possibly go wrong? Combining the two-fisted pulp action of Hollow Earth Expedition and the gritty post-apocalyptic setting of Desolation, this adventure is a must for Ubiquity fans!

Title: Desolation: Frontier Justice
Description: You and your kind were second class citizens in the Before, but things have changed. Kobolds, goblins and orcs will no longer tolerate the persecution and bigotry of humans and their ilk. The time for Oruskans to take a stand and fight back is now!

Title: Desolation: Treachery in Cynosure
Description: Someone's spying on the spies in Cynosure, one of the few cities still standing–more or less–after the Night of Fire. You can prove your loyalty to Cynosure's leaders by rooting out the traitors, or be branded a traitor yourself. Branded–literally–in the city square in front of cheering onlookers just before you're executed.

Title: Desolation: All the King's Men
Description: You managed to survive the Long Winter in a small town. You buried the dead, rebuilt walls, drove off raiders and even instituted a system of trade. And now there's a man at the gate who claims to be noble. He also claims to own the town and demands fealty from everyone in it. His guards are ready to back up those claims.

Title: Desolation: Frontier Justice
Description: You and your kind were second class citizens in the Before, but things have changed. Kobolds, goblins and orcs will no longer tolerate the persecution and bigotry of humans and their ilk. The time for Oruskans to take a stand and fight back is now!

Title: Desolation: The Broken Menagerie
Description: A traveling menagerie of circus freaks needs your help to rustle up some of its strange and magical animals. But the menagerie is doing more than just bringing a small sliver of joy to an otherwise bleak world.

Title: Desolation: Dead or Alive
Description: The line between life and death has been blurred in a secluded valley that is filled with more than ominous green mist. Explore the valley as you uncover dark secrets and unravel mysteries that threaten all in the area.

We'll also be playtesting a scenario for our 2011 modern world-hopping RPG, The Nearside Project, called King's Gate.
Description: For your character, an everyday visit to the bank turns into the wrong place at the wrong time. What looks like a bank job is something much more incredible, and once you walk on the Nearside – a network of a dozen dying worlds – things will never be the same. Horrors and wonders await, and with insanity comes power. Can you count to 13?

Here is the schedule for The Nearside Project playtest game. A few tickets are still available:
RPG1009136 King's Gate The Nearside Project 08/06/2010 02:00 PM, 2 hours
RPG1009137 King's Gate The Nearside Project 08/06/2010 06:00 PM, 2 hours
RPG1009138 King's Gate The Nearside Project 08/07/2010 02:00 PM, 2 hours

And here is the schedule for the Desolation games:
RPG1009282 Desolation: All the King's Men Ubiquity 08/05/2010 12:00 PM, 2 hours
RPG1009608 Hollow Earth Desolation Ubiquity 08/05/2010 04:00 PM, 6 hours
RPG1009263 Desolation: Frontier Justice Ubiquity 08/06/2010 08:00 AM, 4 hours
RPG1009300 Desolation: Treachery in Cynosure Ubiquity 08/06/2010 03:00 PM, 4 hours
RPG1009134 Desolation: All the King's Men Ubiquity 08/06/2010 04:00 PM, 2 hours
RPG1009295 Desolation: Frontier Justice Ubiquity 08/07/2010 09:00 AM, 4 hours
RPG1009127 Desolation: The Broken Menagerie Ubiquity 08/07/2010 10:00 AM, 2 hours
RPG1009135 Desolation: Dead or Alive Ubiquity 08/07/2010 01:00 PM, 4 hours
RPG1009305 Desolation: Treachery in Cynosure Ubiquity 08/07/2010 02:00 PM, 4 hours
RPG1009319 Desolation: All the King's Men Ubiquity 08/07/2010 04:00 PM, 2 hours
RPG1009323 Desolation: All the King's Men Ubiquity 08/08/2010 10:00 AM, 2 hours
RPG1009336 Desolation: The Broken Menagerie Ubiquity 08/08/2010 10:00 AM, 2 hours

If there are any GM volunteers out there who would like to help the Greymalkin team by running a game or two, please let me know via PM.

Fri May 28, 2010 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Nestor wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Hullo, Nestor,

As usual, sir, if there's anything in particular you're interested in acquiring, let me know and I'll add it to my shopping list.

I'm hoping that the kind folks at Greymalkin will be sending me a copy of the new Desolation game supplement, but may need to ask you to pick up a couple of other games. Will take it to e-mail. :)

Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
I meant to reply to this as soon as we sent our events in for Gen Con. Time flies. Apologies for the delay. If you haven't seen the schedule on the Gen Con site, here are the events we'll be running this year:

<snip, snip>

We'll also be playtesting a scenario for our 2011 modern world-hopping RPG, The Nearside Project, called King's Gate.
Description: For your character, an everyday visit to the bank turns into the wrong place at the wrong time. What looks like a bank job is something much more incredible, and once you walk on the Nearside – a network of a dozen dying worlds – things will never be the same. Horrors and wonders await, and with insanity comes power. Can you count to 13?

<snip>

If there are any GM volunteers out there who would like to help the Greymalkin team by running a game or two, please let me know via PM.

Damn, Jamie... I would *love* to run some games for you folks at GenCon, but alas and alack, flood and debts on replacing household items and furniture prevent me from going to said convention.

But somebody better tell me all about the NEARSIDE PROJECT playtests when they're done there! :)

Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

This schedule sounds great, so if there just wasn't that damn North Atlantic Ocean between me and GenCon. :( :wink:

Will some of these adventures be released as PDF like Frontier Justice and the others? I really liked The Price of Admission and Frontier Justice and ran them both with much success.

Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Yes, its safe to assume that some of the scenarios will be turned into PDFs and distributed -- the good ones anyway. ;)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Great news! :)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile ICQ
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
Yes, its safe to assume that some of the scenarios will be turned into PDFs and distributed -- the good ones anyway. ;)

Come on, now, mate - we both know that they'll *all* be better than good, they'll be great! :)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

So being a tad tardy I noticed all the Desolation games are sold out at Gen Con :(

Any 'pick-up' games planned Friday-Sunday?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:08 pm