It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm

Player's Desolation Primer 

Post Player's Desolation Primer
I was wondering if you wonderful, kind, intelligent, beautiful/handsome (delete as appropriate) people at Greymalkin had considered a brief primer to the world of Desolation as a download from your site? I'm about to start recruitment (with the help of the equally wonderful, kind, etc., etc. Chairman) for a PBeP game of Desolation where not all potential players have the book. I've been able to point people to the map and the excellent character creation cheat-sheet over on Scribd but a little primer would be rather useful.

What say you?

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: Player's Desolation Primer
Some quick start rules like the ones included in the HEX Free RPG Day Adventure 2008 would be great. Though the Ubiquity system is very intuitive and easy to learn this would be a good way to give new players an introduction to the rules.
And a primer to the setting as Imajica suggests would also be very helpful, I think.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Would would want the primer to include:

A brief overview of: races, nations, spell casting traditions... anything else? A short overview of the apocalypse?

I am envisioning this as being very rules light - sound appropriate?

How many pages do you see this primer being? 1 or 2?

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Matt wrote:
A brief overview of: races, nations, spell casting traditions... anything else? A short overview of the apocalypse?

Sounds well.

Matt wrote:
I am envisioning this as being very rules light - sound appropriate?

That depends on what you want to reach. For a short introduction text to the world there is no need for many rules but if you want to create something like quick start rules including a sample adventure you will need to introduce the basic rules of the system.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am
Profile ICQ

I'm coming at this from the rules-light stable. Yes, a sample adventure and quick-start rules would be nice but the primer would be something that would give the players a feel for the world and let the GM get on with the rules. 2 pages, 1 covering the races, nations, etc. the other covering the magical aspect of the game and the apocalypse.

Soon as you're ready!

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:11 am
Profile WWW