It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm

"Night of Fire" demo 

Post "Night of Fire" demo
Is the "Night of Fire" demo available for download? Or will it be?

I'd like to run it for my hometeam (and "Conscripted," whenever that comes out).

I think it's a great intro to the Desolation world. I thought I'd let the players develop their characters and then plop them into "Night of Fire."

(I will even sign a NDA! Plus my players, if that'll help...)

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:35 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: "Night of Fire" demo
Hey, personally I'd love to get my hands on one of the GenCon demos ("Night of Fire", "Price of Admission", you name it) to run at a local con in November (you know which one, Rabbit).

Any chance of seeing them any time soon, guys? Huh? Huh? Pretty please with sugar on top?

<makes sad puppy dog eyes>

:wink:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:38 pm
Site Admin

Would you be interested in getting them in a simple word document that really isn't a 100% finished product? These have have not been formatted into the standard Desolation format with the two column, burnt pages, etc... Nor have they been edited for grammar, etc...

Matt

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Though we could quickly whip it into shape for you, of course. It's not in too bad a shape :)
Also, if you had any questions, you could PM any of us and get clarifications as you needed them.

At some point, we do intend to do something more solid with those scenarios, but we could certainly get them to you more quickly.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Heck, I'd gladly take notebook pages scribbled on with crayons. :wink:

Don't worry about polish. As some folks over at the HEX forums can attest, I'm quite happy applying polish to documents myself. I'd even officially take that task, if it's a time-management concern on your side.

So, absolutely, send me what you have. It's all good. :)

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:15 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Rabbit,

Rabbit in the Moon wrote:
Is the "Night of Fire" demo available for download? Or will it be?

I'd like to run it for my hometeam (and "Conscripted," whenever that comes out).

I think it's a great intro to the Desolation world. I thought I'd let the players develop their characters and then plop them into "Night of Fire."

(I will even sign a NDA! Plus my players, if that'll help...)

Both "Conscripted" and "Night of Fire" are good scenarios, Kate, although if I remember correctly, "A Few Good Men" (the one in the rulebook), is actually the prequel to "Conscripted". I've run both "AFGM" and "Conscripted" several times each, and they have never failed to satisfy the players and highlight some of the strengths of the game. Come to think of it, "The Price of Admission" highlights some of the lighter elements that can be used in DESOLATION; I still laugh every time I think of that one! :)

I actually have the PDF files (done in Word, iirc) of "Night of Fire" and "Conscripted" that Jamie, Matt, and Stephen were good enough to share with me before GenCon, although they would have to give me their permission to send the files over to you.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:
Though we could quickly whip it into shape for you, of course. It's not in too bad a shape :)
Also, if you had any questions, you could PM any of us and get clarifications as you needed them.

At some point, we do intend to do something more solid with those scenarios, but we could certainly get them to you more quickly.

I actually thought that the scenarios were in fine shape, just needing some formatting, a touch of editing (which I did volunteer for when talking to Jamie at one point), and then prettifying (sp?) up.

To be honest, a PDF of "A Few Good Men" on the DESOLATION website would be a good idea sooner rather than later, and I could see "Conscripted" following that. as having a couple of downloadable scenarios on the website would give folks new to the game an idea of the kinds of scenariios that can be written for the game, and perhaps attract a few more folks to the game.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:46 am

Matt wrote:
Would you be interested in getting them in a simple word document that really isn't a 100% finished product? These have have not been formatted into the standard Desolation format with the two column, burnt pages, etc... Nor have they been edited for grammar, etc...

Matt: Whatever format you have would be great! Between Nestor, JohnK, and I, I'm sure any questions can be answered.

I'm certain that "A Few Good Men" and "Conscripted" work well. I'm still making my way through Desolation after picking it at GenCon. :D

I'll send you a PM with my email (JohnK and Nestor already have it).

I don't have a lot of time left for Sept to work on formatting, but I'd be happy to help JohnK/Nestor with tweaking.

Last edited by Rabbit in the Moon on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

So, any news? <poke> <poke> :wink:

Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Nestor wrote:
So, any news? <poke> <poke> :wink:

I'm going to need a sharper, bigger stick. :wink: (Short answer: no.)

Last edited by Rabbit in the Moon on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:01 pm
Site Admin

They're coming soon. We decided to pretty them up before sending them.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
They're coming soon. We decided to pretty them up before sending them.

Ooh!! In that case, can I also get copies of the prettified versions of the scenarios, please? :)

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:22 am