It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Gen Con 2008 demos 
Site Admin

Post Gen Con 2008 demos
We'll be running 15 games at Gen Con Indy 2008 this year, as well as demoing the game at our booth (#209). Many of the slots are full, but we'll be happy to seat you if there are no shows. Of course, we'd love to be running constant demos at our booth all four days of the show.

Here is the schedule of Desolation events:

Any Port in a Storm
You’ve stumbled upon the remains of a once thriving port city – but what lies beyond its shattered walls? Is it a beacon of hope, offering a place of safety and respite? Or is it just another wilderness, filled with predators of a different kind?
    8/15, 2-6 p.m.
    8/16, 12-4 p.m.
    8/17, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Conscripted
Recruited against your will and armed with only a club, you are forced into what is sure to be a brief life as fodder for a warlord’s front line. Any attempt to escape seems like certain death until an unexpected event provides an opportunity to turn the tables.
    8/14, 2-6 p.m.
    8/15, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
    8/16, 4-8 p.m

The Night of Fire
Your world is coming to an end. Fire is falling from the sky. The ground is splitting apart. The seas are washing away the land. Tomorrow, everything you knew will be gone. How will you survive the night?
    8/14, 4-6 p.m.
    8/15, 9-11 a.m.
    8/16, 1-3 p.m.

The Price of Admission
Wandering tired and hungry through the shattered remains of the Ascondean Empire, you have finally found a settlement that might just let you in for the night. But first, the elders need you to help them with a little problem.
    8/14/08 (Thu) 12PM to 2PM
    8/15, 12-2p.m.
    8/15, 6-8 p.m.
    8/16, 9-11 a.m.
    8/16, 6-8 p.m. (GM'd by the forum's own John K.)
    8/17, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Gen Con 2008 demos
Hullo, Jamie,

Great stuff that this is being listed here. Makes sense to do it and all and when Gen Con is over, we can discuss the scenarios and how they played out and all right here. :)

Just one thing to say...

Jamie wrote:
The Price of Admission
Wandering tired and hungry through the shattered remains of the Ascondean Empire, you have finally found a settlement that might just let you in for the night. But first, the elders need you to help them with a little problem.
    8/14/08 (Thu) 12PM to 2PM
    8/15, 12-2p.m.
    8/15, 6-8 p.m.
    8/16, 9-11 a.m.
    8/16, 6-8 p.m. (GM'd by the forum's own John K.)
    8/17, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Oh, yes, that's right, advertise that I'm running one for you folks!! That'll get everyone running in fear from me doing the demo! :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 pm
Site Admin

Oh, yes, that's right, advertise that I'm running one for you folks!! That'll get everyone running in fear from me doing the demo!

We're expecting to have to fight off all your groupies with a stick. :)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Oh, yes, that's right, advertise that I'm running one for you folks!! That'll get everyone running in fear from me doing the demo!

We're expecting to have to fight off all your groupies with a stick. :)

Groupies, I've got groupies? Since when? :)

And I guess that changes the definition of "The Price of Admission", huh? :twisted:

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: Gen Con 2008 demos
OK, now that GenCon is behind us, will these lovely demos be made available for public consumption?

There's a local basement con (~80 expected attendance) occurring in November and, while I'm already on the spot to do a Hollow Earth Expedition run for it, I think I could squeeze in a Desolation run too.

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:21 pm