It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Shakespeare 

Post Shakespeare
So I'm wondering just how much Shakespearean influence there really is in this new 'verse. :) I'm a big fan, so it would be welcome to me.

Sun May 20, 2007 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well, there is definitely tragedy on a Shakespearian level. The comedy will be up to the GMs. ;)

There is not one "How now Brown cow?" in the entire sourcebook ... yet, but the setting is a place where Hamlet or Petruchio would feel at home. Hmmm - Shakespearian characters as PCs in Desolation - that would make an interesting con game.

Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
Well, there is definitely tragedy on a Shakespearian level. The comedy will be up to the GMs. ;)

There is not one "How now Brown cow?" in the entire sourcebook ... yet, but the setting is a place where Hamlet or Petruchio would feel at home. Hmmm - Shakespearian characters as PCs in Desolation - that would make an interesting con game.

As a Shakespeare fan, have to say that I like the fact that from what I've read about DESOLATION, there are lots of Shakespeare plots and themes that would fit the game well.

On that subject, are there zonbies and the various undead in the game, or is that not one of the directions that the post-apocalytic feel of DESOLATION is suitable to?

Thu May 24, 2007 12:46 pm
Site Admin

There are certainly undead (since there are necromancers). But there aren't hordes of undead roaming around.

Although if a GM thought it would be cool for the Apocalypse to have awoken a cemetary full of folk, who am I to say no?

I will say, however, that the dwarves were responsible for a keeping something they called "Deep Horrors" contained beneath the mountains. And now... who knows how they'll spread across the broken landscape.

Thu May 24, 2007 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Matt wrote:
There are certainly undead (since there are necromancers). But there aren't hordes of undead roaming around.

Although if a GM thought it would be cool for the Apocalypse to have awoken a cemetary full of folk, who am I to say no?

I will say, however, that the dwarves were responsible for a keeping something they called "Deep Horrors" contained beneath the mountains. And now... who knows how they'll spread across the broken landscape.

I hadn't known about the Necromancers, and to be honest, that's cool to see, although I do hope they aren't D&D-style necros. :)

The thing wtih the dwarves and the "Deep Horrors" intrigues me enough to want to know more.

You guys are such teases! :)

Thu May 24, 2007 6:34 pm
Site Admin

The Deep Horrors are going to remain a closely guarded secret for the time being though... even Matt's mention of them is a shocking revelation...

Thu May 24, 2007 6:37 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Stephen wrote:
The Deep Horrors are going to remain a closely guarded secret for the time being though... even Matt's mention of them is a shocking revelation...

hehe

No, no, the game is called DESOLATION, not REVELATION. :)

Thu May 24, 2007 6:41 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

He must like us then

Just saying it outloud makes me want to jump right into writing an adventure.

Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

bubba ho-tep wrote:
Stephen wrote:

He must like us then

Just saying it outloud makes me want to jump right into writing an adventure.

Yes, yes, he must have liked us! :)

As for the adventures, been there, done that...two of them, as a matter of fact, but they're more in note form than anything else at this point and time.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Hey POTTER, Where did the Shakespeare references come from? Is there some Shakespearian situation around, because I'd like the heads up so I can avoid it. I, unlike most, have no love for the "bard"...(hack), and might have missed something. Desolation isn't the Shakespearina RPG is it?

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:04 am
Profile WWW

Hey POTTER, Where did the Shakespeare references come from?

There's a quote from Shakespeare's Hamnet... err, Hamlet on Greymalkin's front page.

-The Merry Wives of Windsor

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:58 am

Wolverine wrote:
John Aynge wrote:
Hey POTTER, Where did the Shakespeare references come from?

There's a quote from Shakespeare's Hamnet... err, Hamlet on Greymalkin's front page.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

You're not a fan of the works of Bacon then?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:50 am