It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm

Love the whole idea! 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Love the whole idea!
I love the fact that this is not your typical post apocalyptic setting. Post apocalyptic modern and future have been done to death, pun intended, but this will be something fresh and from a new perspective. Can't wait to try it out.

Fri May 18, 2007 11:59 am
Profile WWW

I'm interested to see what new races they've created. One of my fave things about Earthdawn is that they have some interesting non-standard races alongside the old standbys.

Sun May 20, 2007 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

There are three new races - the Island Folk, the Rovers and the Mongrels, but the way Elves and Gnomes have been treated effectively make them kind of new as well. Dwarves are in the mix, as are humans, of course.

Mon May 21, 2007 8:18 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Tue May 22, 2007 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Stephen wrote:
There are three new races - the Island Folk, the Rovers and the Mongrels, but the way Elves and Gnomes have been treated effectively make them kind of new as well. Dwarves are in the mix, as are humans, of course.

The Rovers and the Mongrels sound interresting, but I'm rather intrigued by the Island Folk. Any chance of hearing a bit more about them here?

Thu May 24, 2007 2:20 pm
Site Admin

I'll let Matt talk about the Island Folk - then when he reveals too much, we can blame him for the spoilers ;)

Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Stephen wrote:
I'll let Matt talk about the Island Folk - then when he reveals too much, we can blame him for the spoilers ;)

Niiiice...then we can have a mob lynching, right? That seems to be a prevalent attitude in the world of DESOLATION, right? Is Matt a wielder of magic, by any chance? :twisted:

Thu May 24, 2007 6:43 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Iland folk = Atlantean types? Hmmmm.........

Fri May 25, 2007 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

bubba ho-tep wrote:
Iland folk = Atlantean types? Hmmmm.........

No, I hope not. That would be too obvious.

Sat May 26, 2007 10:46 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Yea, but if it were the Island folk that caused the whole thing and it got out, your race would be mud.

I am very excited about the whole concept behind this setting and am looking forward to giving any input that will help with it's developement.

Tue May 29, 2007 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The island folk are not Atlantean types. I can tell you that much. The island folk are both besmirched and feared by the mainlanders, who blame many things on the "Splints" as they are called (when the island folk are out of earshot).

I've just sent NDA's to you both for playtesting purposes, so you'll shrtly learn much more about them.

If anyone who hasn't yet would like to volunteer to playtest, just let me know.

Tue May 29, 2007 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The island folk are not Atlantean types. I can tell you that much. The island folk are both besmirched and feared by the mainlanders, who blame many things on the "Splints" as they are called (when the island folk are out of earshot).

I've just sent NDA's to you both for playtesting purposes, so you'll shortly learn much more about them.

If anyone who hasn't yet would like to volunteer to playtest, just let me know.

Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

You've got mail. I have sent back my NDS. YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

Tue May 29, 2007 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:

"Splints"...what an intriguing name-behind-one's-back that is! Gives me all sorts of images of what they might be like. :)

Quote:
I've just sent NDA's to you both for playtesting purposes, so you'll shrtly learn much more about them.

Good stuff, Jamie, except...the message came through, but not the NDA. ::(

That said, I really am dying to get my hands on, and playtest, this material! :)

Tue May 29, 2007 7:02 pm
Site Admin

Must be a problem with The Weave. It should be in your in box now. Let me know if it didn't come through.

Tue May 29, 2007 8:22 pm
Profile WWW