It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

A glimpse of the Warlands 
Site Admin

Post A glimpse of the Warlands
We've posted a preview of the war-torn area west of the Primea Mountains that is commonly called the Warlands. After the Night of Fire, the Primea Mountains are no longer the barrier to the east that they once were. That, coupled with the fact that many Warlanders were already accustomed to surviving harsh conditions, make the After an interesting time to be from the west.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: A glimpse of the Warlands
Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
We've posted a preview of the war-torn area west of the Primea Mountains that is commonly called the Warlands. After the Night of Fire, the Primea Mountains are no longer the barrier to the east that they once were. That, coupled with the fact that many Warlanders were already accustomed to surviving harsh conditions, make the After an interesting time to be from the west.

Thanks for posting up the Warlands preview, Jamie. The Warlands are one of the regions of Scondera that always struck me as falling into a couple of the stereotypes that one can have with that sort of region or area, at least in the initial version of the game, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in that regard with later versions of the game.

This preview just whets my appetite for the game even more. :)

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

A nice preview guys. Quick question, though: are any/many of the different tribes detailed in any way? I'm personally hoping that only a few of the many tribes are detailed, leaving the GM plenty of room in which to create and insert his own tribes, as I have a lot of ideas in that regard. It certainly has the potential to be one area of the setting which would seem to actively allow the GM to easily insert his own cultures.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
A nice preview guys. Quick question, though: are any/many of the different tribes detailed in any way? I'm personally hoping that only a few of the many tribes are detailed, leaving the GM plenty of room in which to create and insert his own tribes, as I have a lot of ideas in that regard.

You'll have plenty of room for creating your own tribes. The Warlands are huge and the tribes are many. We profile a few tribes as Communities in the After, but there could literally be hundreds -- even thousands -- of tribes in the Warlands.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hi Colin,

You'll have plenty of room for creating your own tribes. The Warlands are huge and the tribes are many. We profile a few tribes as Communities in the After, but there could literally be hundreds -- even thousands -- of tribes in the Warlands.

Excellent news, thanks. :)

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:47 pm

As always a great preview, that makes want more. :D

thanks

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:59 am

I am SO digging these previews -- just finished the Jirgan one. Dark, twisted... wonderful!

I canNOT wait until GenCon -- I may just kiss you all after I buy the book!!!

OK, maybe not... :lol:

Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:12 pm
Site Admin

I may just kiss you all after I buy the book!!!

We will alert the authorities to be on the lookout for madwabbits.

Quote:
Dark, twisted... wonderful!

If you like dark and twisted, Desolation's for you. Maybe we should have used that as the tagline ... :?

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
Quote:
I may just kiss you all after I buy the book!!!

We will alert the authorities to be on the lookout for madwabbits.

Yeah, he's dangerous, that madwabbit, he is! :wink:

Jamie wrote:
Quote:
Dark, twisted... wonderful!

If you like dark and twisted, Desolation's for you. Maybe we should have used that as the tagline ... :?

Yeah, I rather like that... So it's a choice between:

Desolation RPG: If you like dark and twisted, this game's for you!

or

Desolation RPG: What D&D v4 will be like after the Apocalypse!

hehe

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:06 pm