It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm

Sample Region: Verelanar 
Site Admin

Post Sample Region: Verelanar
As part of our weekly updates to the desolationrpg.com site, we've posted a sample region from the Before: Verelanar.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Sample Region: Verelanar
Jamie wrote:
As part of our weekly updates to the desolationrpg.com site, we've posted a sample region from the Before: Verelanar.

Nice stuff. A definite thumbs-up from me again. I've included aspects of revolution and insurgency (both justified and not) in rpg campaigns before, and it always works beautifully. Having that aspect here is always welcome.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:49 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Sample Region: Verelanar
Hullo, Colin,

ColinChapman wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Nice stuff. A definite thumbs-up from me again. I've included aspects of revolution and insurgency (both justified and not) in rpg campaigns before, and it always works beautifully. Having that aspect here is always welcome.

Yep, I agree with you, Colin, the material on Verelanar is very nice. One of my player characters for the Sunday group has a character who hails from there. It's going to be interesting to see how he plays the character, for sure. :)

The material posted on the Desolation website on the place is very indicative to me of the feel that the game is going for, providing a good deal of info about some of the places Before, but leaving room for the GM to expand and add to the material and make it their own. One of the strengths of the game, I think.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:18 pm