It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:40 am

What Hath God Wrought 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post What Hath God Wrought
How are religions/clerics treated in this world?

I've always thought in a world where there is definite proof that gods exist and they were unable to stop the diaster, clerics would be reviled .

Of course, gods of evil and chaos could boast that the diaster was part of their master plan.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 pm
Site Admin

I've always thought in a world where there is definite proof that gods exist and they were unable to stop the diaster, clerics would be reviled.

We have thought the same thing, actually. Then we thought, what if there is not definite proof that gods exist, but there are people of strong faith? How would a mass disaster affect those people? What if after the disaster, people with strong faith provided comfort and aid to the sick, wounded and dying -- and hope to the living? Would that help them escape persecution? Maybe, maybe not.

We've got some cool things planned for "clerics" in Desolation. You've touched on some of their key points. They should be a lot of fun to roleplay in a post-apocalyptic world.

Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

I've also been thinking that in a desolated fantasy world, druids would be worshipped.

Anyone who can shape nature back into some form of normalcy would be courted by both the rich and poor.

Thu May 31, 2007 9:02 pm