It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

Standard Elves? 

Post Standard Elves?
So I picked up the Before and After book which is fantastic except for one thing, I was hoping it would have a more standard Elf stats. I'd like to have the option to use Desolation for a standard fantasy game. Any thoughts on what a standard elf should have?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Post Re: Standard Elves?
Well=, if you are dead-set on running typical fantasy with the Ubiquity system, making normal elves isn't too hard. Just get rid of Indefatiguable and Unnatural (fantasy elves never had to go through what they had to in Desolation) as well as make their lifespans normal and maybe replace the racial traits with some other things such as Natural (for Forest Elves) and Slight (for spindly-armed elves).

Ultimately the decision is yours, but it shouldn't be too hard to alter. One of the major points for Ubiquity is flexibility. I've made a WoD-inspired variant out of it all and it has worked beautifully so far.

Though from experience I will say the hardest thing to change is the magical portion. Are your elves basically as they were before they lost their Magic in Desolation? If so, then what does that entail? Can they access all Elemental Magic if they can use magic? If so, is there other magic as the Desolation core book does give some hint to the idea that there was more than just Elemental?

Just some food for thought.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile WWW