It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Obligatory Introductions Thread 

Post Re: Obligatory Introductions Thread
Wotcha!

Wandered over from the Hex forums. Got a friend of a friend to pick up Desolation for me at GenCon and now I'm waiting on it swimming over from the US. So I bought the PDF this morning.

Nice to see a lot of familiar faces over here. If there's one thing that characterised the Exile Games forums, it's the friendliness and helpfulness of its members.

Been gaming for a lot more years than I care to remember, from the good old days back at school with the "Big 3" - Traveller (little black books), 2nd Edition Call of Cthulhu and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (I have a wizard on my PHB, so that dates me somewhat). I currently spend a lot more time reading gaming books and forums than I do actually gaming. 4 kids will do that for you. But soon they'll start being old enough to game... I've become really picky about what games I pick up in hardcover over the past few years but Desolation was a given since it (a) uses the Ubiquity system and (b) I was looking for a fantasy game that had an interesting setting and didn't go near an icosahedron.

First port of call for me in any game book tends to be the Bestiary. And I'm very pleased with what I found there.

Looking forward to the supplements...

John ;-)

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

ZOMG! Another John joins the group!

It's starting to look like a Red Lectroid convention around here! :wink:

Welcome aboard. I'm newly arrived myself, although I think I've made my mark by now. :)

Just watch out. There's this sneaky little mongrel running around that likes to "find" stuff. :D

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:47 am
Site Admin

Chairman wrote:
Hello,

I am the proud new owner of my very own Desolation book!

Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I don't have the opportunity to game face to face any more, so my gaming is limited to pbems and other online text based games.

Desolation strikes me as the perfect setting for a text based game. The Ubiquity system is smooth and would lend itself well to this format, and the flashback aspect could really be explored as well.

So...I'm beginning my quest to network among other fans of Desolation, Matt, Jamie and Stephen...and see if I can drum up some interest in an online text based game.

Chairman

Hello Chairman,

Good to see you on the forums. Let us know how the text-based quest goes. Feel free to start a thread looking for interested gamers.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Jamie wrote:

Hello Chairman,

Good to see you on the forums. Let us know how the text-based quest goes. Feel free to start a thread looking for interested gamers.

Beatcha to it, Babe. :)

I came on in, kicked off my shoes, and made myself at home.

*grin*

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Chairman wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Hello Chairman,

*grin*

Just when I when I thought I was catching up ... I discover I'm further behind. :P

Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Jamie wrote:
Just when I when I thought I was catching up ... I discover I'm further behind. :P

Hey, we don't have to run faster than the bear, we just have to run faster than you. :mrgreen:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Jamie wrote:
Chairman wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Hello Chairman,

*grin*

I'm just fast. ie...nothing else to do but clean, and who wants to do that?!

I'll teach Matt to ask me why I don't post on the boards.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:40 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Nestor wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Hey, we don't have to run faster than the bear, we just have to run faster than you. :mrgreen:

Unless it's a flying, fire-breathing Weave-touched bear ... then we're all done for.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

I'm going to make that a new, meme-like curse word now.

"Oh, Synnibar."

- H.P. Lovecraft

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Chairman,

Chairman wrote:

Welcome to the DESOLATION forums, Chairman! Glad to see a new face around here. Just be careful, there's a warband pair of scouts up ahead, and so far they haven't spotted...oops, too late! :)

Chairman wrote:
Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I don't have the opportunity to game face to face any more, so my gaming is limited to pbems and other online text based games.

Quite a few people fall into that category, sad to say, these days.

Chairman wrote:
Desolation strikes me as the perfect setting for a text based game. The Ubiquity system is smooth and would lend itself well to this format, and the flashback aspect could really be explored as well.

So...I'm beginning my quest to network among other fans of Desolation, Matt, Jamie and Stephen...and see if I can drum up some interest in an online text based game.

Well, I've been considering running a game of DESOLATION on-line either here on DESOLATION forums or possibly on Yahoo Groups. If there was enough interest in such a thing, I would certainly be willing to do so. (But I see a new thread has been started on the subject, so I'll respond there.)

Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:25 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Imajica,

Imajica wrote:
Wotcha!

Wandered over from the Hex forums. Got a friend of a friend to pick up Desolation for me at GenCon and now I'm waiting on it swimming over from the US. So I bought the PDF this morning.

Nice to see a lot of familiar faces over here. If there's one thing that characterised the Exile Games forums, it's the friendliness and helpfulness of its members.

Nice to see you over here, mate. :) Welcome to the DESOLATION forums! :)

Insofar as the friendliness and all, I think we've got a good bunch of folks here to this point, and I look forward to chatting with everyone about the DESOLATION rpg, and post-apocalyptic settings and all. :)

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:31 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor not-a-John,

Nestor wrote:
ZOMG!
Another John joins the group!

Yep. Nice, ain't it? :wink:

Nestor wrote:
Just watch out. There's this sneaky little mongrel running around that likes to "find" stuff. :D

Now, Waja, come back here with that backpack!! :)

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:34 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
Unless it's a flying, fire-breathing Weave-touched bear ... then we're all done for.

Well, you've got to admire the efficiency of the creature, don't you? I mean, it flies you off to its lair, slices you up, and then can cook you! :)

I want to see the stats for the creature, myself! :)

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

JohnK wrote:
Hullo, Chairman,

Chairman wrote:

Welcome to the DESOLATION forums, Chairman! Glad to see a new face around here. Just be careful, there's a warband pair of scouts up ahead, and so far they haven't spotted...oops, too late! :)

Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

Thanks muchly, JohnK.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 am
Profile YIM

Nestor wrote:
ZOMG! Another John joins the group!

I have a theory that there are only so many real names in the world, and the rest are just figments of a strange and twisted imagination. Time spent on the forums has done nothing to disabuse me of this notion.

I remember seeing a comedian once who opened his act with
"Hi, my name is John. I had very creative and imaginative parents - they thought that one up all by themselves."

Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next