It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Obligatory Introductions Thread 

Post Re: Obligatory Introductions Thread
I am Rocketfuel, I have been gaming for over 20 years and started gaming in college. I have been playing an running Hex games for about 2 years. I just ran my first Deslation Game at DC Gameday and it was a blast. I used a module that I wrote and used characters from the book. We had an awesome time. I am currently writing a new scenario based on a party that are members of the Forlorn from the Survivors book, and looking forward to running that at the next DC Gameday.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome and all that rot. :)

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Profile YIM
Scavenger
Scavenger

Absolutely, welcome aboard.

And I now kick myself for not attending the DC Gameday. I was struck with a serious attack of the lazies and never bothered even checking out what games there were. Serves me right. ;)

I take it then you're in the DC area? I live in Baltimore myself.

Wait, you're not in the HEX forums are you? Tom, is that you? :)

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Nestor wrote:
Absolutely, welcome aboard.

And I now kick myself for not attending the DC Gameday. I was struck with a serious attack of the lazies and never bothered even checking out what games there were. Serves me right. ;)

I take it then you're in the DC area? I live in Baltimore myself.

Wait, you're not in the HEX forums are you? Tom, is that you? :)

Heh.

No.

:mrgreen:

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Nestor,

I am in the Hex Forums as Rocketfuel, and EN World as Rocketboy. Tom's friend of about 12 years. The three of us hung out at Gen Con a couple of years ago.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

rocketfuel wrote:
Nestor,

I am in the Hex Forums as Rocketfuel, and EN World as Rocketboy. Tom's friend of about 12 years. The three of us hung out at Gen Con a couple of years ago.

Okay. Don't mind me. Like I said, welcome aboard. Hopefully we'll get to game together some time. Y'know, MD/DC/VA area, we gotta represent. :)

<Grover> I am sooooo embarrassed.</Grover>

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome! :)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:29 am
Profile ICQ

Hello to you all! I have just recently discovered this fine game. Desolation seems to be a very fine RPG for what I have read and cannot wait to play it. :D So, ye residents of this blasted and marred world, I do hope this is the start of many excellent conversations! :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Rocketful,

rocketfuel wrote:
I am Rocketfuel, I have been gaming for over 20 years and started gaming in college. I have been playing an running Hex games for about 2 years. I just ran my first Deslation Game at DC Gameday and it was a blast. I used a module that I wrote and used characters from the book. We had an awesome time. I am currently writing a new scenario based on a party that are members of the Forlorn from the Survivors book, and looking forward to running that at the next DC Gameday.

Welcome to the Desolation forums, mate. Always glad to see some new blood around here. :)

So, how about posting up a game synopsis post about the game that you ran at DC Gameday over in the Tales section of the forums? Would love to hear what the scenario was about, and how it ran.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:22 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, 7explorer,

7explorer wrote:
Hello to you all! I have just recently discovered this fine game. Desolation seems to be a very fine RPG for what I have read and cannot wait to play it. :D So, ye residents of this blasted and marred world, I do hope this is the start of many excellent conversations! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums! Always good to see a new gamer to the blasted, scarred world of Desolation. :) Look forward to chatting with you about the game, and all stuff Sconderan and Oruskan! :)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

7explorer wrote:

Welcome!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:30 am
Profile ICQ

Hello JohnK and Gilgamesh, thank you for your welcome!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Just picked up my set (actually waiting for the three books and chips to show...looking forward to it.)

Been gaming since 1979, but less than I'd like (dang pesky real life intrudes all the time). I was waiting for HEX (or a game like it) to come out for years and really liked not only the setting, but the rules set as well. I've almost ordered the books several times, but finally went through with it. I know I won't be disapointed, but hope I can convince others in my game club to try the game/system.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Schreg wrote:
Just picked up my set (actually waiting for the three books and chips to show...looking forward to it.)

Been gaming since 1979, but less than I'd like (dang pesky real life intrudes all the time). I was waiting for HEX (or a game like it) to come out for years and really liked not only the setting, but the rules set as well. I've almost ordered the books several times, but finally went through with it. I know I won't be disapointed, but hope I can convince others in my game club to try the game/system.

Welcome aboard! I started with the little white boxed set back in '77 myself, but quickly graduated jumped off the D&D bandwagon when I discovered there were alternatives.

My personal testimonial about Desolation is that it has gotten me to return to fantasy gaming after D&D chased me away so many years ago. ;)

Good luck with your group. Do let us know how it works out and don't hesitate to ask for advice or share your fun times with the game. :D

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:47 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome to the forums, Schreg!

Nestor wrote:
My personal testimonial about Desolation is that it has gotten me to return to fantasy gaming after D&D chased me away so many years ago. ;)

Same with me.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 pm
Profile ICQ
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next