It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Obligatory Introductions Thread 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Obligatory Introductions Thread
Hey all,

Just popping in on account of being curious about Desolation, and knowing of Steve H. back in the day. :)

I'm Colin Chapman, a Primary (Elementary) School Teacher from the UK, a published RPG freelance writer. Clearly I was evil in a past life, or I'm a masochist. :lol:

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 pm
Site Admin

Great to see an active forum member from Exile's site here. I made use of some of the links you posted on the 1930s there during our recent HEX campaign. I hope we can get you similarly interested in Desolation.

Quote:
Clearly I was evil in a past life, or I'm a masochist.

The fact that you know of Stephen and still came to check us out means you are definitely a masochist. :P You'll fit in just fine.

Fri May 18, 2007 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Thanks for the kind welcome. So, masochist it is then. "BRING THE PAIN!" Ahem.

Glad you found some of the material I posted on the HEX forums useful; I'm pretty happy with the Ultimate Pulp Gear Archives I created, and it's always cool to know folks get use out of 'em.

I hope you can get me interested in Desolation as well as I have a love of the Post-Apoc and Fantasy genres; a good melding of the two would be right up my alley.

Nice avatar, btw.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Fri May 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hey, my name is Ron Purvis aka. Bubba Ho-Tep on most of the forums I frequent, including Exile Games and Gen Con', forums.

I work for an Architectural firm doing CAD design, I have been playing RPG's since 1977 (dating myself here) with the old D&D box set. I have play almost every type of RPG and I am very excited about the Desolation setting, bring on the misery.

Fri May 18, 2007 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

Another Exile popping over :) I'm an engineer in the semiconductor biz in Austin TX. I'm quite intrigued with Desolation's premise. Can't wait to see what comes...

(Just so you don't get the wrong idea - I'm not really a Harry Potter fan. My names actually Potter and I'm a longhair musician type :))

Sun May 20, 2007 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Actually, we've been kicking around the idea of a Desolation Harry Potter spoof con game during which the Night of Fire comes to Hogwarts.

(Anyone who has signed up for the Gen Con Desolation games: Fear not, that's not the adventure you'll embark upon.)

Sun May 20, 2007 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Thought I'd introduce myself, as the others have.

My name is John Kahane, I'm 51 years old, live in Ottawa, Ontario, and work as a translator for the government here. I've worked as a pharmacy clerk, bank teller, and mainly a computer programmer and systems analyst, and ran the Ottawa sf and fantasy booksore for some 9 years.

I've been gaming most of my adult life (started as a teenager), am a huge fan of Jethro Tull (the rock band) and several other classic rock Brit bands, like curling, play tennis, and watch NHL hockey (Go, Senators, Go!). :)

Good to be here, and waiting eagerly to get my hands on DESOLATION.

If you folks need a playtester, just send me an NDA and I'm yours! :)

Thu May 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, John. Thanks for your posts. We are working on playtesting kits now and will get them out to the willing as soon as we can. Glad to get another playtest volunteer.

Thu May 24, 2007 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
Welcome to the forum, John. Thanks for your posts. We are working on playtesting kits now and will get them out to the willing as soon as we can. Glad to get another playtest volunteer.

Thanks, Jamie, I really appreciate this. :)

I'm as excited about this game as I was about HEX when it first came out. And I'm still excited about HEX, what with all the new stuff down the pike. :)

Really looking forward to playtesting for you folks. :)

Thu May 24, 2007 6:31 pm

My name is Steven Ross, I'm 38 years old and I'm a Casual Maintenance Helper for the City of Ottawa and I'm currently taking classes in the Library & Information Technician course at collage. Talk about having little free time.

Steve

Thu May 31, 2007 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

sross wrote:
Hi Guys,

My name is Steven Ross, I'm 38 years old and I'm a Casual Maintenance Helper for the City of Ottawa and I'm currently taking classes in the Library & Information Technician course at collage. Talk about having little free time.

Steve

Good to see you here. :)

Thu May 31, 2007 2:31 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Welcome to my newest obsession and hopefully soon to alot of people's obsession.

Thu May 31, 2007 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Welcome, Steve. I don't know what a Casual Maintenance Helper is, but anything with "casual" in the description can't be too bad. Glad to have you in the forums.

Thu May 31, 2007 5:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post intro
well it seems to be the cool thing to do around here so heres my intro:

My name is Ryan Tackett, but I'm known as Ticktack on a few different forums. I'm a senior at Michigan State University, studying both studio art and digital game design(along with telecommunications). After graduation, I'd love to enter either the game design field, or be a full time Freelance Illustrator. As for gaming, the game I play the most is Magic the Gathering.

how's that? :D

Thu May 31, 2007 8:18 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Body's Age 46 - Mental Age It slides between 8 and 80 (usually resting in the lower digits.)

Hometown:Kenton, Ohio ( Kinda of like Mayberry with more meth labs)
Profession:Getting yelled at - (Actually I'm a computer draftsman)
Dream job:Lottery winner or Voice Over Performer

Thu May 31, 2007 9:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next