It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Obligatory Introductions Thread 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, Harlan and Ticktack.

Kenton ... I think the closest I've come to there is Findlay, but you make it sound wonderful.

Thanks for the posts!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome, Steve. I don't know what a Casual Maintenance Helper is, but anything with "casual" in the description can't be too bad. Glad to have you in the forums.

Generally it means doing cleaning jobs and shifts that no one else wants. Unfortunatly, it also means no benefits until I'm in a perminant position.

So, need any play testers?

Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Welcome to the forum, Harlan and Ticktack.

Kenton ... I think the closest I've come to there is Findlay, but you make it sound wonderful.

Thanks for the posts!

Findlay is about 30 miles to the north of Kenton

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:44 am
Site Admin

Welcome to our latest members -- Dustin R. and Dr.Dare.

Dustin playtested Desolation at Gen Con and has agreed to playtest it with his group.

We're happy to have you both here and look forward to your comments and questions.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Welcome to Madwabbit and rudedd! Thanks for joining the forums.

We look forward to answering any questions you might have about Desolation.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Guess it's my turn for an intro. My name is Dennis Rude, I'm 41, and live in the southern tier of NY. I am a systems engineer working in the aerospace industry. I have played rpgs since the early '80s but had a long hiatus and just recently got back into them. Mostly with the Savage Worlds system, but like what I saw in HEX and the Ubiquity system.

Looking at the HEX site pointed me here. After reading the premise and fiction, I'm hooked. I tend to like post-apocalyptic settings but even so this one seems like a breath of fesh air in the sea of fantasy settings out there. Quite unique in setting it so close to the event. Kudos and I am looking forward to seeing more.

Regards,
Dennis

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:56 pm

Post Re: Obligatory Introductions Thread
Hi everybody: My name is Kate---and I totally lucked out at Origins 2008 when I gamed with all three dudes (Stephen, Jamie, and Matt) in the "Night of Fire" scenario. :D I heard about y'all from the HEX forums. I didn't get to play in any Desolation games at GenCon, but am hoping to change that next year. :)

I'm an IT software technical writer based in the Washington, DC area. I picked up the Desolation book at GenCon and am hoping to read it when I've recovered!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 pm
Site Admin

Hi Kate,

Glad to see we didn't scare you off at Origins. Welcome to the forums. We look forward to hearing about your Desolation experiences.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

Hey all,

My name is Anthony Holtberg, I'm 25, and I'm currently making my move from the South Dakota to Maine to study Western Esotericism with the University of Exeter in the UK. I don't need to move to Maine, but my wife and I would much like a change in scenery, and my seeking a Master's serves as an agreeable excuse, as it seems our attitudes and outlooks on life are not quite so welcome in our quaint little town. Ah, I have also been playing RPGs since I was 12 (starting with AD&D 2e, the original; the black books that came after were organized... strangely).

My taste in RPGs is eclectic, and there is most certainly nothing of the D20 or White Wolf variety in my library, as I find the modes of play they espouse to incite more quibbling over the rules than actual gameplay. As a result, I have sitting on the bookshelf next to me: Pretty much every book for 4th Ed Talislanta, All the books (save the latest one) for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Ed., Dark Heresy (oddly disappointing, but still interesting), Call of Cthulhu 6th Ed (and the Complete Masks of Nyarlathotep!), the new Basic RolePlaying Core Rules (beautifully condensed into modern, workable rules by Jason Durall and Sam Johnson), Unknown Armies 2nd Ed, Nobilis (which I refuse to run, but am content to own), Feng Shui 2nd Ed., Over the Edge 2nd Ed., Dread: The First Book of Pandemonium, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and Armageddon: The End Times.

My favorite thing to do is to go on long walks to brainstorm scenarios for my games. Luckily, I have a wife that likes creating characters and is more than willing to help me figure out how a system works in play!

My other hobbies are...

Are...

Hmm...

I guess I don't have any other hobbies! :lol:

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by Ars Mysteriorum on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Exeter, eh? That's less than an hour's drive from me in Barnstaple.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:55 pm

ColinChapman wrote:
Exeter, eh? That's less than an hour's drive from me in Barnstaple.

cheers!
Colin

The students meet with the professors tri-annually, as the course is by proxy only (though this is not to be confused with an online course... it's far more pretentious :P). If I'm lucky, maybe there'll also be a gaming convention...

- H.P. Lovecraft

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

No local cons, but GenCon UK is only a few hours' drive away.

Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:24 pm

ColinChapman wrote:
No local cons, but GenCon UK is only a few hours' drive away.

Colin

Holy crudbuckets! Call of Cthulhu has a TON of games being run!

If the schedules match in any way, I will be there come hell or high water.

- H.P. Lovecraft

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Rabbit,

Rabbit in the Moon wrote:
Hi everybody: My name is Kate---and I totally lucked out at Origins 2008 when I gamed with all three dudes (Stephen, Jamie, and Matt) in the "Night of Fire" scenario. :D I heard about y'all from the HEX forums. I didn't get to play in any Desolation games at GenCon, but am hoping to change that next year. :)

Good to see you here, Kate. :) Was wondering when you would officially introduce yourself! :)

Still envious of the fact that you've played with the three GMD fellows! :)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:59 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Hello,

I am the proud new owner of my very own Desolation book!

Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I don't have the opportunity to game face to face any more, so my gaming is limited to pbems and other online text based games.

Desolation strikes me as the perfect setting for a text based game. The Ubiquity system is smooth and would lend itself well to this format, and the flashback aspect could really be explored as well.

So...I'm beginning my quest to network among other fans of Desolation, Matt, Jamie and Stephen...and see if I can drum up some interest in an online text based game.

Chairman

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 am
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next