It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Obligatory Introductions Thread 

Post Re: Obligatory Introductions Thread
Thanks...and I have already received the books. Personally, from a GM standpoint, I really like how the settings are done with Desolation. Much like HEX, there is detail, but in just the right combination with broad strokes to allow alot of creativity without worrying about "contaminating" the setting. Also, I thought the adventure arc in the supplement was well done and probably a good introduction to the game and setting.

Look forward to running some games, and I'll be sure to post how they go.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

That's exactly what I also like so much about HEX and Desolation, along with the Ubiquity system itself. The way the settings are described, without specific maps and geography, just with lots of interesting locations, NPCs and encounters suits my style of game mastering quite perfect. I just take some of the stuff from the books, throw some of my own ideas in and get an interesting adventure for the next gaming session. And bit by bit my very own gaming world is created. That's what I like settings to be.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Schreg,

Schreg wrote:
Just picked up my set (actually waiting for the three books and chips to show...looking forward to it.)

Been gaming since 1979, but less than I'd like (dang pesky real life intrudes all the time). I was waiting for HEX (or a game like it) to come out for years and really liked not only the setting, but the rules set as well. I've almost ordered the books several times, but finally went through with it. I know I won't be disapointed, but hope I can convince others in my game club to try the game/system.

Welcome to the forums, new friend! :) Good to see new gamers discovering the world of Desolation and all that the game has to offer.

I've been gaming since 1974/75, and the days of Chainmail, and then D&D, but gave those up for DragonQuest and a couple of other systems in the decades since before finally settling on Desolation after having the good experience of the Ubiquity system with HEX.

Desolation has reinvigorated these old bones and been a really good ride for me, and I like the uniqueness of this fantasy world, aside from the post-apocalyptic elements of the game.

Anyway, well-met, and look forward to chatting with you about the game. :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
My personal testimonial about Desolation is that it has gotten me to return to fantasy gaming after D&D chased me away so many years ago. ;)

So, this game really did get to you, didn't it? Lovely to know. :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Hello again,
I thought I might post in here as well,being the proper place to be introduced. :lol:
Been playing since my tweens and I must say I was in dire need of something original and light like Desolation.
I will have to check the Survivors supplement at some point,loving the other books so far 8)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:14 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome! :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:25 pm
Profile ICQ
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Erevos,

Once again, welcome to the mailing list. Always good to have new folks here who've discovered the Desolation game system and world. :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Some of you may know me, but likely most of you do not. I use the handle Runeslinger and run the Casting Shadows blog, where for the last year or so I have been having quite a love affair with Ubiquity. I live in Seoul with my amazing wife and my cantankerous dog. Other than gaming, for amusement, I divert myself with music, swords, and the pursuit of grilled meat.

A friend and I are starting a shared Desolation campaign here in Seoul, and so, as that runs, you may find me around much more often in this forum than I have been in the past.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome to the forums, Runeslinger!

I wish you good luck with your planned campaign!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 am
Profile ICQ

Hi I suppose I am past the time to have Introduced myself here. I am Lorne "18Puppies" in Seoul and a close friend to Runeslinger, his beautiful wife, and (rather) cantankerous dog. By the way, the handle might sound cute in English but to any Korean speakers out there who might happen to read it... I hope you get the joke!

Anyway, I used to game lots and lots back in the good ol' days 25-30 years ago, D&D 1st edition, Tunnels and Trolls, etc. and walked away when A) I entered university and 2) discovered rock and roll. I am back in the games now and have fallen quite in love with Desolation and the Ubiquity system in general. As mentioned elsewhere I am starting my first campaign in a span of years longer than either of the other two in our games have been alive (although I might be off by a year or two). I hope to be in contact with you more experienced Desolation players and GMs for tips, tricks, and tidbits of wisdom.

Cheers, and Happy Hunting!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:17 am
Scavenger
Scavenger

Welcome, 18Puppies!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:22 am
Profile ICQ
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Runeslinger,

Runeslinger wrote:
Some of you may know me, but likely most of you do not. I use the handle Runeslinger and run the Casting Shadows blog, where for the last year or so I have been having quite a love affair with Ubiquity. I live in Seoul with my amazing wife and my cantankerous dog. Other than gaming, for amusement, I divert myself with music, swords, and the pursuit of grilled meat.

A friend and I are starting a shared Desolation campaign here in Seoul, and so, as that runs, you may find me around much more often in this forum than I have been in the past.

Welcome to the Greymalkin forums, and always good to see a newcomer here, even if you're not a newbie with the game system! :)

I, for one, am looking forward to reports and the like about the new Desolation campaign that you'll be getting into! :)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Lorne,

18Puppies wrote:
Hi I suppose I am past the time to have Introduced myself here. I am Lorne "18Puppies" in Seoul and a close friend to Runeslinger, his beautiful wife, and (rather) cantankerous dog. By the way, the handle might sound cute in English but to any Korean speakers out there who might happen to read it... I hope you get the joke!

Welcome to the Greymalkin forums, Lorne! Always nice to see new faces around here, and see that the Desolation love is being spread around. :)

18Puppies wrote:
Anyway, I used to game lots and lots back in the good ol' days 25-30 years ago, D&D 1st edition, Tunnels and Trolls, etc. and walked away when A) I entered university and 2) discovered rock and roll. I am back in the games now and have fallen quite in love with Desolation and the Ubiquity system in general. As mentioned elsewhere I am starting my first campaign in a span of years longer than either of the other two in our games have been alive (although I might be off by a year or two). I hope to be in contact with you more experienced Desolation players and GMs for tips, tricks, and tidbits of wisdom.

Wow! You've been out of the gaming loop for some time, though I can undestand why. :) Glad to hear that Ubiquity and Desolation have re-inspired you to run the game once more, and that you're getting back into the spirit of things. I'm sure that the folks here on the forums will be glad to help you out with tips, tricks, and tidbits from the wise. I certainly know I'll do my best to help you out as requested. :)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7