It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 am

The Colony 
Site Admin

Post The Colony
Last week (while getting ready for Gen Con), I stumbled across a new show on the Discovery Channel that I think Desolation players will enjoy.

The Colony

It's a reality show/experiment where 10 people are tossed into a deserted warehouse and surround area to simulate a post-apocalytic scenario. Although it is a modern show with people trying to get power, running water, etc... it still has a lot of stuff that is relevant to communities in Desolation. The producers have other actors interact with the group and create different situations for them to deal with.

In the two and a half epidoses I've watched, they've had to deal with some intruders, build weapons, barter with a trader, go scavenge, handle some newcomers, and of course, inter-group tension. It's been interesting to see so many of the ideas and conflicts we've woven into scenarios being played out on the show.

New episodes are on at 10PM on Tuesday, but I think they have reruns and such sporadically.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: The Colony
Hullo, Matt,

Matt wrote:
Last week (while getting ready for Gen Con), I stumbled across a new show on the Discovery Channel that I think Desolation players will enjoy.

The Colony

It's a reality show/experiment where 10 people are tossed into a deserted warehouse and surround area to simulate a post-apocalytic scenario. Although it is a modern show with people trying to get power, running water, etc... it still has a lot of stuff that is relevant to communities in Desolation. The producers have other actors interact with the group and create different situations for them to deal with.

In the two and a half epidoses I've watched, they've had to deal with some intruders, build weapons, barter with a trader, go scavenge, handle some newcomers, and of course, inter-group tension. It's been interesting to see so many of the ideas and conflicts we've woven into scenarios being played out on the show.

New episodes are on at 10PM on Tuesday, but I think they have reruns and such sporadically.

Thanks for the info, Matt, sounds interesting. Will have to take a look see and watch this one when it airs again next week. May have to check Discovery Channel and see if one can watch the eps on-line.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 am