It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 am

Mythic Eras 

Post Mythic Eras
Hello all,

I've not been active on these forums for any number of reasons, none of which have anything to do with Desolation (I'm looking forward to Survivors) or the fine Greymalkin folk.

Anyway, after a couple false starts, I've finally gotten some momentum with my Ubiquity roleplaying fan site - Mythic Eras. Right now, most of the material is HEX-related, but I would love to get some more Desolation material. If anyone has some tools, rules, background, adventures, or whatever that you'd like to put out there for the community, please contact me (there's a contact link on the front page).

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Mythic Eras
Hullo, Harrier,

Good to see you posting a bit more here, mate! Was wondering when you'd be a bit more active on this forum, too. :)

HarrierPotter wrote:
I've not been active on these forums for any number of reasons, none of which have anything to do with Desolation (I'm looking forward to Survivors) or the fine Greymalkin folk.

Anyway, after a couple false starts, I've finally gotten some momentum with my Ubiquity roleplaying fan site - Mythic Eras. Right now, most of the material is HEX-related, but I would love to get some more Desolation material. If anyone has some tools, rules, background, adventures, or whatever that you'd like to put out there for the community, please contact me (there's a contact link on the front page).

I have a few things that I've created for my DESOLATION game and campaign(s), and so will get back to you on this stuff. But I think it's a fine idea.

(I do want to say that I wish some of the stuff from the HEXipedia and all were in PDF format. How much of the Mythic Eras stuff is available in that format?)

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:40 am

Pretty much everything on ME proper is in PDF. While I host the space for HEXipedia, I don't really have anything to do with it. Imajica can run that show, along with whoever else feels like it, being a wiki :) While the majority of material right now is resource/tool type stuff, what I really want is more background material. Whether personal campaign stuff, story seeds like Wolvie's "Atlcalli" piece, or even fiction. I have some rules pieces to get out of the way first, but that's what I hope to concentrate on myself.

As for spending time here, it's a matter of not enough time. You know some of the other projects I've been involved in, and that's just the stuff you know about :) I'm not active with Desolation, so I don't really have anything to contribute, but if I can help the game by providing a center of activity that would be good. I'm saddened by the lack of activity. Both Desolation and HEX seem to struggle in an environment where people want flashy, over-the-top characters, especially in fantasy. I've always preferred power levels like these games provide, but it's hard to fight the marketplace.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Harrier,

HarrierPotter wrote:
Pretty much everything on ME proper is in PDF. While I host the space for HEXipedia, I don't really have anything to do with it. Imajica can run that show, along with whoever else feels like it, being a wiki :) While the majority of material right now is resource/tool type stuff, what I really want is more background material. Whether personal campaign stuff, story seeds like Wolvie's "Atlcalli" piece, or even fiction. I have some rules pieces to get out of the way first, but that's what I hope to concentrate on myself.

Sorry, I keep getting the HEXipedia stuff and the Mythic Eras stuff confused. :) More background material is a good idea, Daniel, and I think that both HEX and DESOLATION are in need of that. Haven't really had a chance to read Wolvie's piece, but that's on my list of "gaming things to do."

HarrierPotter wrote:
As for spending time here, it's a matter of not enough time. You know some of the other projects I've been involved in, and that's just the stuff you know about :)

Great, there's more stuff? Why am I the last to know? Oh, that's right I don't know, but that's all right because I don't seem to be in the loop, well, any loop for that matter. :)

HarrierPotter wrote:
I'm not active with Desolation, so I don't really have anything to contribute, but if I can help the game by providing a center of activity that would be good. I'm saddened by the lack of activity. Both Desolation and HEX seem to struggle in an environment where people want flashy, over-the-top characters, especially in fantasy. I've always preferred power levels like these games provide, but it's hard to fight the marketplace.

I'm saddened by the lack of HEX and DESOLATION (but morseo the latter, as it's been around a lot less time than the former) activity, too.

It's not just that folks want flashy over-the-top characters (but what do you expect with HEX, where the game is about adventuring in the Pulp era, and the role models are such as they are?), although that's part of it, and with fantasy rpgs (since we are talking about DESOLATION here), that's just something that those games provide us with. Part of it also stems from the fact that both HEX and DESOLATION get very little attention in the marketplace, and there's very little promotion and the like. With luck, there will be more attention paid to DESOLATION after both Origins and GenCon, neither of which I will be attending this year. :(

I demo it and run it at conventions and game stores whenever I get the chance (both, to be honest), but of late times are tough in that regard and the folks I've done that for already are hooked, so I don't need to bait the line for them again.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 am
Site Admin

Now that we have Survivors finished, let me take a look around and see if we have anything laying on the cutting room floor that is in good enough shape for public consumption... I have an adventure or two laying around, but they are in a shorthand format that any other self respecting GM would scoff at.

Matt

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Matt,

Matt wrote:
Now that we have Survivors finished, let me take a look around and see if we have anything laying on the cutting room floor that is in good enough shape for public consumption... I have an adventure or two laying around, but they are in a shorthand format that any other self respecting GM would scoff at.

I'm not a self-respecting GM, so I'd be willing to do a bit of playtesting on these adventures, and help clean them up when they're in a legible format and all. :)

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 am