It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 am

Desolation review in Knights of the Dinner Table 
Site Admin

Post Desolation review in Knights of the Dinner Table
Knights of the Dinner Table has a review of Desolation in the current issue (#146). If you don't subscribe, you can order the issue here.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Desolation review in Knights of the Dinner Table
Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
Knights of the Dinner Table has a review of Desolation in the current issue (#146). If you don't subscribe, you can order the issue here.

That's great to hear, but I'm not going to subscribe to the magazine just to read the review of DESOLATION. :) So, what were the highlights and all of the review? And what were the lowlights, if any?

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 pm
Site Admin

I'm not a subscriber either. I did order that individual copy and I hope it will be here any day now. I'll let you know!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Good stuff. Looking forward to it. :)

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Site Admin

Just got the magazine. It was a pretty glowing review -- about a third of a page in the "Brian's Picks" section. Some highlights:

"If you're looking for a fantasy RPG filled with cheerful folk and cute, magical creatures, Desolation is not for you. If, on the other hand, you're looking for some gritty fantasy roleplay with a post-apocalyptic setting, then this game will knock your socks off."

"Survival has become the focus of struggle now, and it has made many people much more brutal and self-seeking than they ever would have dreamed. Every day is now and adventure."

"Brian's Rating: Entire a strange world and see if you have what it takes to survive Desolation."

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
Just got the magazine. It was a pretty glowing review -- about a third of a page in the "Brian's Picks" section. Some highlights:
d to
"If you're looking for a fantasy RPG filled with cheerful folk and cute, magical creatures, Desolation is not for you. If, on the other hand, you're looking for some gritty fantasy roleplay with a post-apocalyptic setting, then this game will knock your socks off."

"Survival has become the focus of struggle now, and it has made many people much more brutal and self-seeking than they ever would have dreamed. Every day is now and adventure."

"Brian's Rating: Entire a strange world and see if you have what it takes to survive Desolation."

Sounds like an excellent review of the game, my friend. :) Glad to see (or hear about) another good review of the game. :)

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 pm