Is this thing on?

- H.P. Lovecraft

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: Roll Call!
On what? Crack? Quaaludes? :twisted:

Rumor has it the boys are working on Survivors and enjoying the holidays. Methinks most other folks are likewise dealing with that pesky Real Life(tm) stuff.

Me? I'm racking my brains working on stuff for Triple Ace Games. Brain hurty now, must go bed... :wink:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:42 am
Site Admin

We're here... trapped somewhere between real life, the holidays, and Survivors.

I am going to try and be making more of an effort here on the boards. I am trying to think of more ways to drum up some traffic - so if you have any ideas let me know... I have a couple in mind, but I'd be curious to see what you'd like to see.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Easy. Find some appropriately incendiary geek topic, innocently drop the bomb in a post, and watch the mayhem and destruction unfold while cackling maniacally. :twisted:

Seriously, one way to get the creative juices (and the posting) flowing is to ask for feedback. It doesn't have to be NDA-worthy material, either, just general questions like "what part of the combat rules did you have the most trouble with?"

Oh, and Conan would so seriously kick Elric's butt. :mrgreen:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:15 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Ars,

Ars Mysteriorum wrote:
Is this thing on?

Yes, this thing is "on". :)

Most of us are likely busy with Real Life (tm) concerns, and gaming stuff. (I'm currently working on a few things, and running a demo of the [i}Hellas: Worlds of Sun and Stone[/i] demo that I plan to run at CanGames (http://www.cangames.ca) this year. l'm also planning to run a DESOLATION scenario there as well, but having run that one several times, I don't need to playtest it. :)

Besides, if you want some traffic around here, ask some questions, or bring up a good topic relevant to the game to discuss. :)

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Matt,

Matt wrote:
We're here... trapped somewhere between real life, the holidays, and Survivors.

What an interesting place to be trapped, my friend. :) It sounds like some sort of surreal kind of roleplaying game involving Christmas stuff, a bad tv series, and...nah, never mind. :roll:

Matt wrote:
I am going to try and be making more of an effort here on the boards. I am trying to think of more ways to drum up some traffic - so if you have any ideas let me know... I have a couple in mind, but I'd be curious to see what you'd like to see.

I think what's needed here in more meat, more advertising of the game, more people coming to the forums and the like. There seems to be a limited number of us posting stuff here, and that's just not enough to sustain the list methinks. Discussing elements and aspects of the game system and world, perhaps a contest of some sort, some previews and snippets of Survivors to get folks' juices flowing, that sort of thing.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm

How is Survivors coming along?

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 pm
Site Admin

Survivors is going along fairly well... no giant snags thus far.

We have an outline, have started writing the various chapters, contracted our artists and are generally hard at work. The biggest hurdle was getting our second wind after Gen Con and diving headlong into the process again.

After the start of the new year, I think we'll be able to toss out a sneak peak or two and give people a better idea of what they can expect.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Nestor wrote:
Oh, and Conan would so seriously kick Elric's butt. :mrgreen:

Do you want to step outside?

Conan? That wimp wouldn't even get close enough to land a blow!

Slowly (oh-so-very-very-slowly) getting on with converting the Temple of Elemental Evil to Desolation. I'd forgotten how hung up on Alignment these old AD&D adventures were! And the magic system? Jeez, when you've seen one like Ars Magica or Desolation, you wonder how spellcasters survived beyond level 1! I mean, d4 hitpoints? That's just not funny! One spell a day? C'mon, feel the burn!

Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:02 am
Profile WWW

Yay!

I've been lurking for a bit, as I've been working on a great many other things, and missed the chatter of this forums.

Thanks for posting, everyone!

- H.P. Lovecraft

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile WWW