It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 am

Coming Soon..... 

Post Coming Soon.....
Just curious... Still waiting on my copy swimming across from the US, bought and started reading the PDF. My thoughts naturally turn to what's coming next. What's in the pipeline? Whatcha got planned? C'mon, spill the beans. You know you want to...

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Post Re: Coming Soon.....
Imajica wrote:
Just curious... Still waiting on my copy swimming across from the US, bought and started reading the PDF. My thoughts naturally turn to what's coming next. What's in the pipeline? Whatcha got planned? C'mon, spill the beans. You know you want to...

Yeah. *poke*

Inquiring minds and all that.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Without making any promises on delivery dates, I can tell you that we are currently working on a supplement to Desolation called Survivors (until we come up with a better title).

Survivors will provide some information we didn't have room for in the book, focusing on creating a fuller world in the After. It is currently slated to contain more settlements, lots of NPCs, equipment, some new skills and talents, plus some other stuff that we are hammering out.

Other ideas we've tossed around have been: a GM screen, a magic supplement, a bestiary, and a Before guidebook.

But one thing at a time...

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile WWW

Matt wrote:
Without making any promises on delivery dates, I can tell you that we are currently working on a supplement to Desolation called Survivors (until we come up with a better title).

Survivors will provide some information we didn't have room for in the book, focusing on creating a fuller world in the After. It is currently slated to contain more settlements, lots of NPCs, equipment, some new skills and talents, plus some other stuff that we are hammering out.

Other ideas we've tossed around have been: a GM screen, a magic supplement, a bestiary, and a Before guidebook.

A GM screen? Yes, please. A good GM screen works wonders. With the HEX screen I rarely even have to open the rulebook :)

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

Kaemaril wrote:
Matt wrote:

A GM screen? Yes, please. A good GM screen works wonders. With the HEX screen I rarely even have to open the rulebook :)

Bill and I were talking about that last night. :) Don't know how big the demand would be for it, but 'twould be cool. I really liked the one that they did for HEX. (ha! look at me, talking like I know the lingo.)

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm
Profile YIM

Matt wrote:
Without making any promises on delivery dates

Anyone who promises delivery dates on anything is either a fool or a liar. Sometimes both. You're a wise man for not promising. We're a patient bunch - far rather have something damn-near perfect delivered into our hands when it's ready than have something half-arsed and botched rushed out to meet the marketing department's stupidly imposed deadlines.
Matt wrote:

All sound very, very good. Beastiebooks are especially good fun. I would (humbly) suggest that instead of the traditional page upon page upon page of barely-fleshed-out beasts, you consider something more akin to the Tomb Beetle write-up from the first DANGER MAGNET! - less beasts but more info on each one, little scenario seeds, ecological info, that style of thing. More like the Monstrous Manuals that came in ring binders from TSR back in the good old days. One or two pages to really bring the beasts to life.
I know I like a good, solid GM's screen - got to have the right screen for the game. Unless you're playing Paranoia, in which case you change the screen regularly... And leave misleading rulebooks lying around when you go for a break. I used Kult rulebooks for that purpose. You don't really need one for Paranoia anyway...

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Scavenger
Scavenger

Imajica wrote:
I know I like a good, solid GM's screen - got to have the right screen for the game. Unless you're playing Paranoia, in which case you change the screen regularly... And leave misleading rulebooks lying around when you go for a break. I used Kult rulebooks for that purpose. You don't really need one for Paranoia anyway...

My parents warned me about GMs like you... :?

:mrgreen:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:54 am