It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 pm

The GenCon Forum Desertion... 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: The GenCon Forum Desertion...
Hullo, Slapstick,

slapstick wrote:
Aw, I liked the pretty purple colors. I suppose I'll stick to the default, then...

Hey, it's fine if you switch the colours of the text and all that, as long as you pick something which shows up on the background that we've got there and all. It just a suggestion from me, that's all...and I'm nobody important around here, just a fan of the game like you are, so go with the colours you prefer if that's what you want. :)

slapstick wrote:
I was the Rover performer, it was the 2 o'clock game on Friday. (Yes, I was the obnoxious one... :roll:) It was a fun scenario that may have involved body shots of apricot preserve!

hehe Sounds like that game was an interesting one! :)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:22 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Ars,

Ars Mysteriorum wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Stuff.

What with your avatar, the mental voice I assign to you when I read your posts randomly switches between Sean Connery and Deckard Cain.

Well, the avatar is actually that of the late, great Roger Delgado, who played the original Master on Doctor Who (during the Pertwee era). However, that said, I'm flattered. :)

Stephen wrote:
That's pretty close to reality, actually.

Coming from you, mate, that's a compliment! :)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:26 pm
Scavenger
Scavenger

And with GenCon wrapped up, look what the cat dragged in... :wink:

Hi, guys!

I'm poring through the book as we speak. I'll likely have some comments/questions/suggestions once I've fully recovered from the trip. At least my voice is coming back...

The best part is watching the faces of my buddies as I mention that I'm looking at a fantasy RPG. :twisted:

"Love is a battlefield... littered with corpses."

Free-floating agent of chaos. Reasonable rates. Inquire within.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:17 pm
Site Admin

slapstick wrote:
I was the Rover performer, it was the 2 o'clock game on Friday. (Yes, I was the obnoxious one... :roll:) It was a fun scenario that may have involved body shots of apricot preserve!

JohnK wrote:

The game in question was probably the most spirited and enjoyable game I had during the Con (not that I didn't like the rest of the games), but the group just seemed to latch onto their characters and enjoy themselves. They interacted with one another extremely well, played their flaws/goals/personalities, and followed the plotline without railroading. If I could get the same group together, I would run a sequel in a heartbeat!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Nestor,

Nestor wrote:
And with GenCon wrapped up, look what the cat dragged in... :wink:

Hi, guys!

Nestor, buddy!! Great to see you here on the forums!! :)

Nestor wrote:
I'm poring through the book as we speak. I'll likely have some comments/questions/suggestions once I've fully recovered from the trip. At least my voice is coming back...

Yeah, I know what you mean about recovering from the trip. Glad to hear your voice is coming back. :) As for me, I caught the sinus bug, and it's likely been aggravated by the flight home. I've been feeling somewhat better today, but it's still a recovery time. *sigh*

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the game and the like once you've digested the material and all.

Nestor wrote:
The best part is watching the faces of my buddies as I mention that I'm looking at a fantasy RPG. :twisted:

I'll bet. :)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:38 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Matt,

Matt wrote:
slapstick wrote:

JohnK wrote:

The game in question was probably the most spirited and enjoyable game I had during the Con (not that I didn't like the rest of the games), but the group just seemed to latch onto their characters and enjoy themselves. They interacted with one another extremely well, played their flaws/goals/personalities, and followed the plotline without railroading. If I could get the same group together, I would run a sequel in a heartbeat!

That sounds like it was an absolutely fabulous game, indeed. (And you ran a heck of a lot of games this year, Matt, so I'm actually surprised that they aren't blurring in your mind and all - which means that was indeed a special game.)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Glad to have been a part of a memorable group, and I'd say the GMing was equally memorable. The next day at dinner we were still cracking up about the old voodoo lady...:P

Definitely glad I kept coming back to Union Station and waving my generic tickets in everyone's faces! Now, to find a way to quell my Ubiquity thirst at home...

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 pm