- H.P. Lovecraft

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: The GenCon Forum Desertion...
Yes, in the cellar, bring a Lantern :wink:

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:21 pm
Site Admin

I'm here, in my hotel room, my feet aching...
It's a good time though. It's nice to meet people, put faces to the names, run some games and sell some books :)

Desolation is finally live and people are reading it, playing it and enjoying it!

Hopefully we'll start seeing new members here on the forum soon and start getting new tales of survival!

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes and i'm very jealous :P
I really wanted to be there this year.
Also to pick up a copy of Desolation. It will be probably couple more
weeks before i get a copy :cry:

So how have things been going so far? Sounds like Desolation is doing well.
Thats Great!

Have fun :D

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:55 am

Desolation's been growing in my mind as well.

I'm looking forward to reading more reviews on it!

- H.P. Lovecraft

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Ars,

Ars Mysteriorum wrote:
Hello?

Anybody out there?

Yep, some of us went to GenCon, but we're back now...well, our minds are, but our bodies are a bit tired. No, I take that back...our minds are, too. :)

The convention was absolutely...boggling. :) DESOLATION did very well, from what I could tell at the booth when I was in the area, and the games that were being run.

The book...how do I describe the book? Simply brilliant, and resembling another system book enough :lol: that the basics are all there, and then adds the richly layered world on top of the game mechanics. Just really, really good...and pretty. :)

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:17 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Stephen,

Stephen wrote:
I'm here, in my hotel room, my feet aching...

Definitely true, my friend. :) This wonderful diabetes we both suffer from doesn't help in that regard, either. :(

Stephen wrote:
It's a good time though. It's nice to meet people, put faces to the names, run some games and sell some books :)

Yep, sure was. Great to meet you guys... I just wish I had had the time to play in one of the games run by the Masters of Desolation"! :)

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Hello everyone! I had the opportunity to try out Desolation (Any Port in a Storm) at GenCon and we enjoyed it so much, we took it home with us. Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on the launch - I hope it was a big success. We're looking forward to trying out Desolation in our group.

Last edited by slapstick on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Site Admin

Welcome to the forums, Slapstick, and to Desolation. Happy to hear you liked the demo. Gen Con was a lot of fun (and a lot of work), but it was great getting to meet people and talk to them about gaming. We were talking about plans for next year before the hall even closed on Sunday.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Heya Slapstick -

I'm glad you enjoyed the game and joined us on the forums!

Which character did you play during Any Port (so I can put face to the name)?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Slapstick,

Just for the record, that font you used for the message was pretty unreadable to my 53-year-old eyes, my friend. :)

slapstick wrote:
Hello everyone! I had the opportunity to try out Desolation (Any Port in a Storm) at GenCon and we enjoyed it so much, we took it home with us. Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on the launch - I hope it was a big success. We're looking forward to trying out Desolation in our group.

Welcome to the DESOLATION rpg forums, mate! :) Just watch out for that pair of kobolds sneaking around that hillock over there...oops, too late! :)

The folks are pretty friendly around here, and I'm sure there will be more people joining the list as the game's popuilarity grows by leaps and bounds. I've been running DESOLATION now on and off for some ten months now, and my Friday night gaming group adores the game world, the simplicity of the game mechanics, and have had a really good time with it. "Any Port in a Storm" is a terrific scenario for the game.

Looking forward to chatting with you about the game and the world of DESOLATION here on the forums.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Aw, I liked the pretty purple colors. I suppose I'll stick to the default, then...

I was the Rover performer, it was the 2 o'clock game on Friday. (Yes, I was the obnoxious one... :roll:) It was a fun scenario that may have involved body shots of apricot preserve!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 pm

I also had the pleasure of participating in that game as the Farmer with Faith. Having fully explored my copy of the book, I can't express enough just how cool it is. I'm going to set to work on an adventure to give one of my regular groups the pleasure of experiencing it right away. Compliments all around on the quality of the material, folks.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:47 pm

JohnK wrote:
Stuff.

What with your avatar, the mental voice I assign to you when I read your posts randomly switches between Sean Connery and Deckard Cain.

- H.P. Lovecraft

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That's pretty close to reality, actually.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 pm