It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 am

So, Where is Everybody? 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post So, Where is Everybody?
Hullo, folks,

The question in the Subject says it all.

What's the current status of the game, folks?

Is anyone actually running Desolation right now, other than me?

How's everyone doing? :)

Tue May 06, 2008 10:27 am
Site Admin

The book is on the presses. We're working on some scenarios and a new Desolation-specific website now.

Wed May 07, 2008 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
The book is on the presses. We're working on some scenarios and a new Desolation-specific website now.

Good to hear the book is on the presses, since I had wondered what its status was. I take it the book still won't be available until GenCon?

The scenarios must be for the convention stuff, right? Good to hear. :)

Any word on when the new Desolation specific site will be up and what the URL will be? I want to link it properly to my set of webpages when they go on-line.

Wed May 07, 2008 12:53 pm
Site Admin

We'll make an announcement here when it's ready to go. We hope to have it live in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
Hi John,

We'll make an announcement here when it's ready to go. We hope to have it live in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the info. Will be awaiting the new site with bated breath. :)

Thu May 08, 2008 11:03 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Well, it's been quiet and dead as a ruined village after the Night of Fire around here. What's going on with the game and all? Anyone still around?

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

I was wondering that myself. Given that it was "on the presses" five weeks ago, and that an update was to be posted "within a few weeks" of that point, I'd have expected some news of its status. The main Desolation site hasn't had even a small update since mid-April (when the files were sent to the printer), so things look conspicuously quiet there as well.

With the book supposedly being available in August (which really isn't all that far away now), there's a decided lack of pimping and generating excitement about the game.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:56 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Yes, those are my sentiments, too. Should we be concerned that we've heard nothing in this long?

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:32 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

I don't know if I'd be overly concerned yet, but given that the cover was stated as likely to appear as a wallpaper back in mid-March, the silence is certainly deafening.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=399416&page=3

Greymalkin Steve said on the RPGnet boards that its on its way. :D :lol: :D

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:35 pm
Site Admin

Fear not. We have been working hard behind the scenes on the new website. It's almost ready. We've also been busy finishing the scenarios for Origins and Gen Con, and figuring out our booth decor.

We have received our advanced copies of the book, and are very happy with the print quality. The rest of them will be on a slow boat from China as soon as they're off the presses.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Jamie wrote:
Fear not. We have been working hard behind the scenes on the new website. It's almost ready. We've also been busy finishing the scenarios for Origins and Gen Con, and figuring out our booth decor.

Good to hear that you guys are still around. Had some of us worried, since we've not heard much in a couple of months.

Ah, so you have been busy with various stuff, haven't you? I'm looking forward to seeing what the new website looks like, and will be sure to set up a link on the proposed Links page that I'm getting ready for my set of webpages.

I'm kind of sorry that I won't be at Origins this year, to see you guys there... Are the scenarios for Origins and Gen Con going to be the same adventures, or will they be different ones? Hopefully, someone will snap some photos of stuff at Origins for the rest of us who couldn't make it to see. :)

Jamie wrote:
We have received our advanced copies of the book, and are very happy with the print quality. The rest of them will be on a slow boat from China as soon as they're off the presses.

Still planning to have the books for Gen Con, I trust? :) And does this mean you'll be selling copies at Origins?

Glad to hear that things are going so well, and all. Look forward to hearing more about the progress with the game in the near future, and to seeing it at Gen Con.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Site Admin

We will only be at Origins on Saturday. We will be running adventures that we'll also be running at Gen Con. At Origins will be running Conscripted (old - 4 hrs), Any Port in a Storm (new - 4 hrs), and Night of Fire (new - 2 hrs). At Gen Con we will also be running The Price of Admission (new - 2 hours), and have a demo at the booth involving the Deep Horrors. The classic adventure, A Few Good Men, is contained in the books.

Unfortunately, the books are scheduled to arrive the first week of July. Too late for Origins, but plenty early for Gen Con. We have a couple of sample copies that we will be showing off at Origins - both at the events we are running and at the Exile booth, but they won't be going on sale until Gen Con.

I will take my camera and try to snap some pictures - I can't guarantee you'll want to look at them, though. We aren't very photogenic.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Matt wrote:
To answer some of your questions:

We will only be at Origins on Saturday. We will be running adventures that we'll also be running at Gen Con. At Origins will be running Conscripted (old - 4 hrs), Any Port in a Storm (new - 4 hrs), and Night of Fire (new - 2 hrs). At Gen Con we will also be running The Price of Admission (new - 2 hours), and have a demo at the booth involving the Deep Horrors. The classic adventure, A Few Good Men, is contained in the books.

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing up the situation at Origins and the scenario stuff, Matt. Much appreciated.

Btw, the demo at the booth involving the Deep Horrors sounds...cool. :)

Quote:
Unfortunately, the books are scheduled to arrive the first week of July. Too late for Origins, but plenty early for Gen Con. We have a couple of sample copies that we will be showing off at Origins - both at the events we are running and at the Exile booth, but they won't be going on sale until Gen Con.

For reasons that are totally selfish, I am glad to hear the latter. :)

Quote:
I will take my camera and try to snap some pictures - I can't guarantee you'll want to look at them, though. We aren't very photogenic.

Hey, you'll have to let the rest of us be the judge of that, Matt! :) Just looking forward to hearing how things go and all, and what kind of impression you guys make on folks and the gaming community with the sneak peek at the game.

Thanks for answering some of the queries, Matt. Much appreciated. :)

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:07 pm