It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:04 pm

So, Where is Everybody? 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Good news, though personally I'm as eager as hell to see more previews, etc. myself, so I can gauge whether I'll be likely buying Desolation or not.

cheers!
Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:43 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Couple points of the Desolation website:

1) it should say "A Song of Ice and Fire" in the Inspirations listing, not "Song of Fire and Ice"

2) No sign of the Elf archetype download that I could see (which is a better preview in terms of, "Look at this, it's cool!" than most of the other stuff on the site).

Colin

34 publications in the Talislanta, Iron Kingdoms, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Castles & Crusades, a|state, Faery's Tale, Hollow Earth Expedition, Hellas, Waste World, and Omni System lines, as well as a smattering of others.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:30 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Thanks for finally putting up some previews, by the way; I'm still just as firmly on the fence as I was before, but it was nice to see.

Colin

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:35 pm
Site Admin

2) The elf character preview was a separate preview. I don't know if we're planning on repeating the character archetypes as previews again, though we might.

Sorry to hear you're on the fence, I'm sure a lot of people will feel the same way until they actually see a copy of the book, which they will first get a chance to do at Origins and then at Gen Con. We'll be sending review copies out once our main supply arrives, and we'll see what the rest of the world makes of it it. Ultimately, everyone will have to make up their own minds about the game, though we think it's pretty good :)

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

All true, and besides, even if it turns out that it's not my cuppa, that doesn't in any way mean it's a bad game or anything. :)

Colin

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:36 pm