It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Are there any previews available? 
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Are there any previews available?
Just curious if there were any preview snipets available?

Fri May 18, 2007 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Oops, wasn't logged in before...
There's some intro fiction available on our website:
http://www.greymalkindesigns.com/intro.html

And I'm sure we'll be posting other snippets of fiction and system concepts as we go along.

If you attend Gen Con in August, you can speak to us in person, and either watch or take part in demo games where you'll find out how our magic system works, as well as more about the setting.

Fri May 18, 2007 12:23 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Yup, I read that and it left me wanting more. Just wondering about character creation, classes, etc.

Fri May 18, 2007 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post MPH
Quote:
Just wondering about character creation, classes, etc.

Here's an article on character creation we wrote more than a year ago -- before we had heard of Ubiquity -- with the original intent to submit it to some industry publications. After reading some of their writers' guidelines ("you submit it, we own it forever"), we decided not to.

Hopefully it'll give you some insight into the character creation concepts Desolation will use and reveal a few tidbits about the setting.

You can read the article here.

We're going through some of our other stuff and will probably post some more snippets for those interested.

Sun May 20, 2007 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Post Re: Oops, wasn't logged in before...
Hullo, Steve,

Stephen wrote:
If you attend Gen Con in August, you can speak to us in person, and either watch or take part in demo games where you'll find out how our magic system works, as well as more about the setting.

Arggghhhhhhhh!

I really want to see more of the magic system, but will be unable to attend GenCon due to my love life taking priority. Nuts! :(

Thu May 24, 2007 12:40 pm
Site Admin

Well, damn. It's a real pity you can't make it.

Once Gen Con is over, I think we'll probably post some more extensive previews of the system, plus I'm sure that there will be ample playtesting opportunities coming up soon...

Thu May 24, 2007 6:36 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Stephen wrote:
Well, damn. It's a real pity you can't make it.

Yeah, I know...but love life is more important, methinks. :)

Quote:
Once Gen Con is over, I think we'll probably post some more extensive previews of the system, plus I'm sure that there will be ample playtesting opportunities coming up soon...

*sigh* Quick, send me an NDA form! :)

Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Loved the article and you can go ahead and send me one of those NDF's as well. :D

Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The previews have been moved to the main website, and you should be seeing additional updates there now that Gen Con is over.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 am
Site Admin

Post Art preview
Thought you might like to see a piece of artwork by one of the talented artists working on Desolation, Jeremy McHugh.

We told Jeremy the story of an elf earth elementalist whose companions routinely force her to walk ahead whenever there is a hint of danger. This time she becomes target practice for a group of bandits hiding alongside an old Imperial road. She may or may not have cast her spell soon enough. Either way, her companions know where the bandits are now:

http://mchughstudios.com/web_stoneskin_final_color.JPG

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile WWW

thats awesome! I was about to ask if any art previews were going to be available soon, so I could see some of the other artists who were working for you guys.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:06 pm

thats awesome! I was about to ask if any art previews were going to be available soon...

It's a little necromantic, but I managed to find a slightly lo-res version of the full cover art on the interwebs...

Behold the glory (kinda)

-The Merry Wives of Windsor

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 am
Site Admin

Ahh, that doesn't do it justice. As soon as we get this book out the door, we'll work on some desktop backgrounds for anyone who is interested.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That's from my flickr site, and is currently back to being friends and family only. The full-on preview will soon be available from our site, maybe even as a wall-paper. Once we get the book to the printers, that is!

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Stephen wrote:
That's from my flickr site, and is currently back to being friends and family only. The full-on preview will soon be available from our site, maybe even as a wall-paper. Once we get the book to the printers, that is!

Ooh, good stuff! :) I'm really looking forward to the full fledged preview of the game, simply because we can then start to hook other folks onto this great game and simple to learn game system! :)

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 am