It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 pm

Survivors PDF image question (Help!) 

Post Survivors PDF image question (Help!)
Hello all,

I am new to desolation, but have recently jumped on-board with both feet - buying both the main rulebook in hardcopy and the PDFs of the 2 supplements. So first I'd like to say well done to the folks at Greymalkin. The world is extremely cool and I am very much enjoying the atmosphere that you guys have created.

My real question, though, concerns the PDFs - both of which I bought to use on my iPad. Journeys is great, but Survivors apparently uses JPEG 2000 compression for the images which the iOS (and hence Goodreader) can't render. If this was the case for only the pictures, I would just deal with it, but it effects some of the titles and text boxes too.

Anyways, I am hoping that the guys at GM can do something to help out on this. Would it be possible to re-compile the document using standard JPEG compression for iPad users? The PDF market is getting bigger every day and the iPad is one of the major drivers of this market. It would be great if the PDFs you guys are putting together would be compatible with it.

Thanks in advance for any consideration and regards,

CG7

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 am

Post Re: Survivors PDF image question (Help!)
Just wanted to close this off by saying that I contacted RPGNow, who contacted Greymalkin, who provided a fully functioning iPad friendly version of Survivors. I think they should post the fact that they have one on the main RPGNow page, but that's just me.

Thanks to Greymalkin and RPGNow for making things better... now to continue plotting my Desolation campaign...

Cheers!

CG7

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Post Re: Survivors PDF image question (Help!)
Thanks for sharing this~ 18puppies expressed a similar complaint to me just last week.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 am
Profile WWW