It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Minatures 

Post Minatures
Do you guys have any plans for developing minatures? I've been browsing the internet for cut outs, but not having much luck. I'm having a hell of a time finding Seal-like Kobolds, or even Goblins that are remotely close to how I imagine them in this setting in either cut out or figurine form.

And by the way, thank you for that. I much prefer this system's take on Goblins and Kobolds than D&D.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Minatures
Hello,

We share your pain at finding minis, but no, we don't plan to create them. The economies of scale just don't work out for miniature production yet. We often don't use miniatures when we game, but I know it's nice to get a visual for some sessions.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

I'm sorry to hear that. I prefer to use figures because I have to repeat my self a whole lot less. I'll continue my search. Thanks for the quick response.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm
Site Admin

If anyone wants to work with us to produce a range of kobolds or other Desolation miniatures, we'd certainly be open to a conversation about it.

I'd love to see the kobolds represented in miniature form.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:33 pm

I'd love to help in any way, unfortunately I'm not much of an artist and I don't know what all it would entail.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:36 pm
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Scrump,

Scrumptrilescent wrote:
Do you guys have any plans for developing minatures? I've been browsing the internet for cut outs, but not having much luck. I'm having a hell of a time finding Seal-like Kobolds, or even Goblins that are remotely close to how I imagine them in this setting in either cut out or figurine form.

I wouldn't think that the folks at GMD have any plans to put together a miniatures line, although I think it would be cool to see another company do something in conjunction with the GMD folks along these lines. Would love to see some Kobold or Goblin minis for the game. Heck, perhaps something with the Fat Dragon Games folks in terms of Desolation stuff might work, too. So, who knows? If someone approaches the GMD guys about doing miniatures, you might get your wish. :)

Scrumptrilescent wrote:
And by the way, thank you for that. I much prefer this system's take on Goblins and Kobolds than D&D.

Totally agree with you on this. Every time I read the material in Desolation: Survivors on the Kobolds, Orcs, and Goblins, I keep finding little surprises about the races that tickle me pink, and love the sheer nature of these races. :)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am
Playtest Survivor
Playtest Survivor

Hullo, Jamie,

Jamie wrote:
We share your pain at finding minis, but no, we don't plan to create them. The economies of scale just don't work out for miniature production yet. We often don't use miniatures when we game, but I know it's nice to get a visual for some sessions.

LOL!! I still love the business with the cows, Jamie! :)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 am